Double Trouble

<< aight i've seen a couple of stories where arthur has magic too. so, we're gonna have the 'two sides of the same coin' refer to the fact that merlin and arthur use the same uhhh kind? yes same kind of magic. anyways, let's see if i can write things >>

The sun rose slowly, cresting the hills and crowns of the trees, lighting up the kingdom below. Some of Camelot's civilians were already bustling about, preparing for the festival. It had been only a month since King Arthur Pendragon had lifted the ban on magic, welcoming druids, sorcerers, and others of their kind into Camelot.

The main objective of this festival was just for that. The king had explained that he wanted the magic users to feel welcomed in Camelot. He was glad to see that the people of Camelot accepted his decision to do so, and their joyful response to the lifting of the ban had also boosted his spirits. It wasn't hard for him to understand that his father had been completely wrong in persecuting magic. The people of Camelot were much better off with magic in the kingdom.

Recently, Arthur had knighted some sorcerers, Sirs Lysander and Haylen. Merlin knew both, and had advised Arthur that including sorcerers within the ranks of Camelot's knights would not only boost their capabilities, but it would prove to wary sorcerers that Camelot was truly willing to accept them.

Arthur himself was feeling much better. He thought now, that if Camelot was to find out about his magic, the reaction may not be so repulsed. He knew that under King Uther's rule he would not be spared, despite being the sole heir and prince of the kingdom. Morgana knew of his magic, and had confided in him of her own. However, due to a mishap, Uther found out about her magic. He cared too much to sentence her to the pyre, yet he had to punish her. So Morgana had been sent away.

Arthur had been looking for her for a while, ever since he lifted the ban. He prayed that his sister was okay, asking the druids if they would assist him in finding her. They agreed, seeing that Arthur's heart had changed, yet they could not find her. He would never give up hope.

The king was now standing at the window in his chambers, overlooking the town square. Townsfolk and servants alike had begun moving about, decorating the town square. A light snowfall had blessed them, making the kingdom look like a wonderland, wreaths and strands of holly strung up and wrapped around columns. Arthur couldn't help but smile at the scene, his breath puffing out, hovering translucent in the air for a split second before fading away.

"Sire? You sent for me?" The door closed as Merlin spoke, not startling Arthur, but it roused him from his thoughts.

"Merlin," he said, turning to face his manservant, the smile still remaining on his face. "How are the preparations going?"

"Oh, everything's going well. Gwen has an eye for decorations, so I decided to put her in charge. Lysander, Haylen, and Elliot are helping out, giving the decorations a magical flair," Merlin said, his voice lifting with excitement.

"Elliot?" Arthur tilted his head, not recognizing the name.

"Haylen's son. He really has a knack for magic, is what Sable told me. Uh, Sable's his wife."

"Ah. I didn't know he was married. That's nice of them." Arthur nodded, turning back to the window. "As far as I can tell, everything looks wonderful. Do the kingdom gates look as nice as the town square?"

"Mhm. Evelyn's in charge up there. She's Jason's sister, y'know, the tailor?"

Arthur turned to Merlin again and arched an eyebrow. "Are you really asking me if I know the court tailor?" He snorted.

"Oh, yeah. I uh, forgot. Anyways, are you planning on getting dressed any time soon, or are you going to welcome the sorcerers wearing your sleepwear and a blanket?" Merlin laughed, eyeing Arthur's outfit.