some angy men

<< hi i'm writing this one because i'm a very tired child who is suffering from exams and uh everyone may be a bit strange in this one bc i'm putting my angy energy into this yes and uh merthur and then soft because uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

'm soft boi >>

The sun attempted to shine through the grey clouds that covered the sky, but it was quickly smothered. The dismal lighting damped everyone's moods, pushing the entirety of Camelot into a miserable state. A light fog covered the kingdom, making it so you couldn't see more than 10 feet in front of you.

Arthur sighed and ran his gloved hand through his hair, looking at the window, struggling to see the square below. He was deep in thought, annoyed with everything that had been happening. Camelot had been under siege for at least a month now, and it was wearing everyone down. He was worried about the conditions of his knights, and his people.

"Merlin!" he shouted, only turning his head to the right before looking back out the window, waiting for his manservant.

Said manservant stumbled through the door quite a few minutes later, closing it rather loudly behind him. He panted for a moment or two, catching his breath and attempting to stand up straight, with a huffed, "Sire."

Arthur turned around to face him, frowning. "What took you so long," he growled, stalking over.

Merlin shrugged, stepping backwards. "I was busy, so someone had to go and find me. I was out running errands for Gaius."

"Sure," Arthur snorted, but he just spun on his heel, beginning to pace the room. "My laundry needs to be taken out, my armor needs to be polished, and my sword needs to be sharpened. Go through the knights armor and find any chinks or dents, and fix them. After that--"

"Arthur, you really can't expect me to be able to finish all of those chores. I'm exhausted. I've hardly slept because of the workload you and Gaius have been giving me!" Merlin cut him off, voice breaking. He was honestly ready to cry.

"Isn't it your job, Merlin?" Arthur snapped, spinning back to face him. "And it's Sire, not Arthur."

Merlin ran his hands through his dark hair, making a frustrated sound in the back of his throat. "You always let me call you Arthur! And yes, it is my job, but I'm also human. I can't go on like this! I need to rest."

"Rest? Rest? So how come you get to rest while the rest of us work? You don't deserve to. You need to do your job so we can do ours," Arthur snarled, starting to stalk back to Merlin.

Merlin just stormed forwards, the two of them standing chest-to-chest, seething. "We all need some rest! You're overworking all of the servants, all of the knights, and all of the townspeople! You can't possibly expect us to keep going like this," he retorted, shoving Arthur, who actually stepped backwards.

"We can't rest while we're under siege. We need everyone to work together so we can fend these raiders off. It's obvious they're allied with an enemy kingdom, or else they wouldn't be able to keep going like this," Arthur turned his head way from Merlin, trying to keep himself from lashing out at his friend, despite already having done so.

"We could take shifts-- Or-- Or get help from one of our allies! We need to get help, Arthur," Merlin said, slightly desperate.

"We don't need help. We're Camelot. We can handle these raiders." Arthur returned his gaze to Merlin and shoved him.

Merlin snarled and pretty much tackled Arthur, shaking him. "You're an idiot! We're all going to die, whether it be from exhaustion or those raiders killing us all!"