Vol. 2 Ch. 20 Spark of Joy

Your POV

Time Skip

I slowly opened my eyes and saw that I was in the infirmary again. I then realized that someone was holding my hand. I slowly turned to see who it was, and I saw Ruby in her pajamas, fast asleep in a chair. I smiled and kissed her hand. Then I squeezed her hand gently, waking her up.
She looked up, confused as to what woke her up. Then she turned to face me and saw that I was awake. I smiled weakly and said, "Hey, Rubes. Did you miss me?" Ruby got up and hugged me tightly. Then she said, "You know it. I hate it when I have to wait for you to wake up and not know how long I'll have to wait." I replied, "I'm sorry." She smiled and said, "I know you are. And scoot over a bit." I nodded, scooted over, and Ruby laid down next to me and said, "I love you, Y/N. Goodnight." I smiled and said, "I love you too, Ruby. Goodnight."

The Next Morning

I woke up with Ruby snuggled up next to me. I grabbed my Scroll off the bedside table, checked the time. It was 8:45, almost time for class. But Ruby was still asleep. I kissed her cheek, gently shaking her, and said, "Hey, Rubes. You need to wake up now." She rolled over and mumbled, "5 more minutes." I smiled and said, "Sorry, but you need to get up now. You have class in under 15 minutes, Rubes."
She sat up and said, "15 minutes?!" Then she got up and quickly changed, while I looked away for her privacy. When she was done changing, she kissed my cheek and said, "Thanks for waking me up, Sparky. I'm so glad you're awake. I love you." I smiled and said, "I love you too, Rubes." Then she left for class.
I heard a knock on the door and looked up to see Professor Ozpin standing there. He came in and said, "Glad to see you're awake, Mr. L/N. How are you feeling?" I smiled and said, "Like I need to be more careful." Ozpin chuckled lightly and said, "I see. You've been out for nearly a week now. I was beginning to wonder if you'd be awake in time for the upcoming dance." I looked at him and said, "Dance?"
Ozpin nodded, took a sip from his mug, and said, "Every year before the Vytal Festival, there's a dance held. This year's dance is this weekend on Sunday. Originally, Team CFVY was responsible for organizing the dance, but since their mission is running longer than expected, your team has been placed in charge of that." I nodded and then Ozpin left. Then a nurse came in to make sure that I was clear to leave the infirmary.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.