Vol. 2 Ch. 22 Dance Prep

Your POV

Time Skip

Yang, Ruby, Weiss, and I started to prep the ballroom for the dance since it was tomorrow night and we didn't have anything ready. Ruby and I were in charge of setting up the tables and chairs. After a couple of minutes, Ruby sat down at one of the tables, looking sad. Worried, I asked her, "What's wrong, Ruby? Aren't you excited for the dance?"
She replied, "No.... or well yeah. I just want Blake to go as well. She needs something to distract her from her worries. She's gonna over exhaust herself at this point." I sat down next to her and said, "Don't worry, Yang said that she's going to convince Blake to go for sure this time." Ruby sighed and said, "I hope so."
Then Weiss came over to us, slammed two pieces of cloth on the table, and said, "Guys, I need your help to pick a tablecloth." Ruby looked at the two pieces of cloth, before sighing and giving up. Then she said, "Aren't they both the same?"
Weiss sighed and said, "I don't even know why I asked you?! Y/N, what do you think?!" I looked at the pieces of cloth and said, "I think that one is better!" Weiss looked at me confused and said, "Which one?" I smirked and said, "Yes."
Weiss groaned and walked away, still undecided about the two colors. Then Yang comes in carrying a speaker. I smirked as I detached my left hand again, held it up in the air, and said to Yang, "Hey Yang, need a hand?"
Yang looked over at what I was doing as I said that, then she set the speaker down and said, "Nice one, Y/N!" She wipes her hands before coming over to our table. I reattached my hand as Yang asked Ruby, "So, Ruby, have you picked out a dress yet?" Ruby looked at her and said, "What's the point? Who cares about the dance if Blake isn't going?"
Yang replied, "Oh, don't worry, she's going. I'll convince her." Ruby then asked, "But how? She's gotten worse ever since that night." Yang was just about to reply, but quickly got annoyed by something Weiss was doing. Then Yang said, "Weiss.... I though we agreed! No doilies!" Weiss replied, "If I don't get doilies, you don't get fog machines!"
The doors suddenly opened and I saw Neptune and Sun walking in, examining the ballroom. Then Neptune said, "Your dance is gonna have fog machines?" Weiss immediately answered, "We were thinking about it?!" Neptune replied, "That's pretty cool." Then Sun said, "So, you ladies all excited for dress-up?"
Ruby chuckled slightly and said, "Yeah, right!" Yang said, "Laugh all you want. I'll be turning heads tomorrow night." Then Weiss asked, "What are you two wearing?" Sun gestured to what he was wearing and said, "Uhh, this." Neptune responded, "Ignore him, for he does not know what he says." Then Sun said, "Hey, I may have moved to Mistral, but I grew up in Vacuo. It's not exactly a shirt and tie kind of place." Yang replied, "Yeah, we've noticed."
Then I said, "Doesn't matter, Sun, you have to dress somewhat formal to the dance, especially if you want to dance with Blake. I'm pretty sure she likes good-looking guys." Sun nervously rubs the back of his head and said, "Oh yeah, speaking of which, what does Blake think of all this? Is she still being, you know.... Blakey?" Weiss answered, "Obviously!" Then Ruby added, "I still can't think of a way to change her mind." Yang reassured us, "Guys.....trust me. Blake will be at the dance tomorrow!"
Neptune looked at me and said, "Hey Y/N, I heard about this really nice tailor shop that just opened in Vale. It's called the Kingsmen Tailor Shop. I heard it's a great place to get a suit. Would you like to join with Sun and I in getting suits for the dance?" I nodded and said, "Sure." I turned to Ruby and said, "See you later, Rubes. I love you." She kissed my cheek and said, "I love you too." Then I followed Neptune and Sun to the Kingsmen Tailor Shop.

I put a kinda obvious reference in this chapter.
Master out.