Teammates

Heartbreaker

2. Teammates

*****

"Dialogue" 'Thoughts'

------------------------

It was a well past afternoon in the city of Seoul as 2 women sat in a busy lobby at the building that they worked in. They were heroes and were currently waiting for their leader to come back with the next job they had to do for the day. The women wore matching light armor that wouldn't look out of the ordinary of a superhero movie as they enjoyed their small break. One woman in particular seemed focused on a keychain of a pink cherry blossom that she held in her hand while deep in thought.

The other woman, a taller brunette, was staring at the other in worry as she has not been herself lately.

"Hey unnie! Unnie! Hyewon unnie......Hyewon unnie.....YO HYEWON!"

"Hmm?" a raven haired woman looked up to the taller brunette who just yelled her name.

"I know I've been asking this daily but are you okay? You've been zoning in and out a lot lately you know?"

"Oh....just thinking about stuff." Hyewon answered in a monotone voice, a usual for her.

"You've been staring at that keychain everyday you know..."

"I know. It's just that I have a feeling that it's a clue to finding out who the mysterious 3rd woman was...I just need to know Yujin."

The brunette looked at her with worry because she knew exactly what was on Hyewon's mind. The woman in question has been acting the same way for the past 2 months and the brunette has been worried sick about her since they were teammates. Yujin sighed and scooted closer to her in hopes of cheering her up somehow.

"Wanna get a quick snack outside? My treat!" Yujin said excitedly while pumping up her fists in a playful manner.

"No...I'm good." Hyewon said nonchalantly.

'That's the 48th time in the last few weeks that she's ignored free food. She never wants to open up ever since that incident........I don't blame her. I gotta at least try to get her to go on vacation or something...' Yujin thought.

"Do you need time off unnie? We heroes need rest and relaxation every now and then you know....especially with what happened. It's okay to just take a week or month off if you want, I'm sure HQ will understand. Me and Eunbi unnie will do patrols as a duo for the time being and it'll be okay."

"No...I....I just-"

"Unnie...doing patrols with a clouded mind will no doubt lead to mistakes being made. I miss her greatly too but I know I have work to do....WE have work to do. We're heroes unnie...if we go out there being gloomy and such, the people we help and save won't feel as safe as they should be...right?"