Heartbreaker

Heartbreaker

6. Heartbreaker

*****

"Dialogue" 'Thoughts'

------------------------

Guilt.

The feeling quickly consumed the leader as she and Yujin finally know the truth of the woman's first incident. The tragic event that lead the woman to live a cursed life all began from the moment her Quirk manifested itself at the age of 6.

"I passed out a 2nd time after that you know? When I woke up afterwards, I felt myself heavily sedated but that didn't scare me as much what I saw next. Through heavy eyelids, I saw a large crowd of people in front of the school from students, staff members, security and even Heroes. They all had one thing in common.....the look of complete and utter fear in their eyes. I was the one scared and yet I was the one who terrified everyone. I became a monster in just a blink of an eye and my life was never the same afterwards. I never got to see my family after that day...and thus my life at that "Camp" began."

The woman just stared into the darkened sky, the rim of her cap catching the rain and dripping water like a waterfall to the side of her.

"How many years of memories have I lost because of that place? 5 maybe? Before this, everything before the age of 11 was blank in my mind so I didn't remember anything outside of being at Camp. Though I always had a feeling of dread in my thoughts that I just couldn't dig up until now...thanks to you all. That dreadful "Camp" was all just a front.....a front by villains to experiment on troublesome quirks like mines to be stolen, manipulated and used by their leader. There's multiple Camps but I only know of that one...they hid it well from the public eye and probably still are. 7 years of my life was taken away from me just by being there until I was finally able to escape at the age of 13. After that, they tried desperately to hunt me down, fearful that my memories would go out in public....not that anyone would believe me anyway because of how spread they are everywhere. I barely escaped their grasp a few times but that was because they enhanced my body...though, I'm sure you already noticed. I mean what normal person would still be up with all those attacks you threw at me? But that was without me suffering first of course. With so many prisoners of the camp with horrible quirks like mine, experiments always went bad...and that's where my quirk came in..."

The woman then got up, shook her head and wiped her eyes from the dried up tears from before.

"Heartbreaker." she muttered with a sense of hatred in her voice.

"They gave me that name....I hated it. Why? To them, I was a human defibrillator. Every time I failed to revive one of their experiments, they'd tell me that I was the one who killed them...the one who broke their hearts. Other times, they would force me to overload the hearts from experiments to test their durability until they finally break...literally. Hence the name Heartbreaker. If I couldn't revive an experiment ...they'd beat me almost to the point of death. In the wide world of quirks, they'd have someone heal me up back to new like nothing happened...what scars can I show the world if the only ones are soley in my head? I've probably almost died hundreds of times and after so many beatings, my brain just had enough and shut parts of itself to wiped some of my memories."