Memories of the Heart

Heartbreaker

5. Unleashed

*****

"Dialogue" 'Thoughts'

------------------------

As the rain kissed the city into a slumbering state with it's never ending tears, two heroines hoped for the best as they saw their teammate drop from a single swipe of the hand. Luckily for them, they found an opportunity to finally take down the woman who've been able to withstand their barrage. Though they had many questions in their heads about the woman, it was their duty as heroes to take her down per request as it was their job...whether they liked it or not. For heroes who work as a team, bonds form just as friends do. If there's anything that tries to break that bond, emotions will desperately push itself to keep that bond safe from harm...

Watching the woman finally rest from their sudden attack, the 2 heroines stood their fallen teammate, hoping that nothing terrible happened to her.

"HYEWON UNNIE! ARE YOU OKAY?!" Yujin asked worryingly as she crouched down and placed her teammate's head on her lap. She used her hand to cover Hyewon's face from the rain as she checked her pulse with the other. It was really slow but steady.

"Thank goodness...Hyewon unnie is okay!" she hollered.

"Jin! We're on the field! Don't say her real name!" the leader remarked standing above the 2 while breathing a sigh of relief knowing that Hyewon was okay.

"Sorry, I was just in the moment! You know how it is!" Yujin remarked over her small mistake.

"Just be careful next time okay? Knowing that Kang is safe, I'll go check on our target and hopefully she's out...but still, to be able to take all those blows is really something." the leader remarked as she marched towards the woman lying further away.

From all the noises above, the woman below began stirring and slowly opened her eyes.

"Are you okay?! Please respond unnie, what did she do?" She brought Hyewon's helmet with her beforehand when she saw the woman threw it away. She attached it back on so the rain wouldn't get on her face as she laid there.

"I'm...okay. And I......d..don't know ...I don't know what she did. It's hard to talk right now..and..I feel tired. Just...just let me ...let me rest for a minute. I need to catch my breath."

"I'm so glad you're okay unnie! Also, what did you do that made her excited? I could see it when we were running towards her until-"

"I.....just used my quirk....." she smiled.

"Really? What's exciting about that?"

"I think...I think...I figured out....hmmm.....never mind...forget what I said." Hyewon hesitated telling her something as she looked at where the woman was.

"Huh? Well, if you say so but just rest and hang tight! We'll cuff that crazy woman and come back okay? Thank goodness you're safe...." Yujin said with enthusiasm as she laid Hyewon's head slowly to the ground. She took out a piece of cloth from her pouch and put it under Hyewon's head as a cushion.