Save Me

Heartbreaker

8. Save Me

*****

"Dialogue" 'Thoughts'

------------------------

A loud explosion rocked the area where the man was at and they noticed that he was now up and standing ...no longer imprisoned from his cuffs. His metal hands were now glowing a bright orange as if they were overheating that lit up the dark and rainy area in a brilliant glow. In the shadows several meters away, both the leader and Yujin were down but conscious as they laid there in pain. As the man stood there like a demon in the night, the rain that splattered on it started steaming on contact and filled the area in a hazy mist as he began walking forward towards to finish his one goal.

".........what?!" Hyewon muttered as she got back into a fighting stance.

With no hesitation, he quickly aimed his brightly colored hands towards Sakura and loudly thundered...

"Perish."

What came afterwards was a flash of lights and a hail of bullets hitting a target at various points of a body.

Sakura shielded her face with her arms up and as the lights faded, she noticed that a figure was in front of her with her arms open.

It was Hyewon.

Her body armor was charred and smoking with several places chipped off and her helmet was almost completely broken and dented from the impact of the bullets. She stood there...body trembling with heavy breaths until she finally collapsed to her knees. She silently fell to her knees in front of Sakura as the latter's eyes widened at what just occurred.

"Wow ...you have quite a nice and sturdy suit of armor don't cha? Quite noble of you to stand in front of a dead woman Ms.Heroine. Is she your princess or something?" he mocked as he opened his arms to question her and ended his pose with a point of a finger.

"There will be no happy ending for you in my story for I am the King...but if you want a role in it, then become the dirt that I stand on." he said with a sinister grin as his body began to mysteriously contort and twitch.

He then began to laugh uncontrollably as it echoed throughout the rooftop as his body twisted backwards like a broken jack in a box puppet.

Sakura being only a few feet away from Hyewon, dropped to where she was on the ground and placed her head in her lap, ignoring the pain she suffered from earlier in the fight. She noticed that small amounts of blood was coming out in various places as she looked in horror at the damage. She saw Hyewon's eyes still open in shock so she slowly and carefully took the helmet off of her and laid her head on her lap. Sakura looked at her with a perplexed look and frowned as she spoke.

"Y-you lucky idiot...if it wasn't for your suit, you would've been dead! Don't risk your life for someone as lowly as me.....I-" Sakura stated as she looked at the still conscious woman below her.