4

He opened his eyes slowly when he recognized the arguing of people around him.

His eyes drifted around the bright room bearly making out anything.
,, that's just stupid !"

Lance..

Lance was arguing, he blinked a couple of more times finally finding his spot in reality and the room as he saw 2 legs of someone standing in front of him.

He was laying on the cold ground, squeezing his injured side when he didnt even want to attempt and move his aching legs or anything else for that matter as he looked at everyone else standing in front of lance..

Lance was shielding him, he was standing in front of him.

A soft groan escaped his lips when he tried to move but everything just hurt, he glanced down on himself not even being surprised that he was basically laying in his own blood which was the cause for him to feel so drowzy. It was so much more evident on these white floors than they would've been in the dark cell he'd only had known for so long or the rooms where they ... where they had strapped him to a table or chained him up to not move when they..

He squeezed his eyes not wanting to think of it anymore.

Keith didn't even try to listen in on the argument either he could think of what it was about, but he worried for his wolf.
His eyes moved around in search for him only to spot him nowhere.

He finally decided to move as he turned his head,finally spotting the unconscious wolf laying not too far away from him.
,, n-o " he whimpered before actually moving, his hands digging into the ground when he tried to crawl forward.
The leg he remembered that creature chewing and biting on was pulsating at this point, he would say it was numb but all he felt was pain in it. As if it was being set on fire.

,, keith " lance hands appeard on his sides causing him to flinch when he was held in place.
,, what are you doing ?..." 

He ignored him at first only looking at the wolf before giving lance a pleading look as he kept pushing into its direction.

Luckily lance seemed to have understood when he picked Keith up moving him toward the wolf where he let him down slowly.

Keith's bloodied hands hovered over the furry big wolf stroking over his head once he noticed he was still breathing. He had laid his head in the furr exhaling in relief.
,, he'll be staying in my room. I'll even take responsibility ok. I don't care what you say-"

,, as if you'd ever do..." allura huffed crossing her arms.

,, what if its realy Keith!?, what then shiro ?"   Lance imediantly shot back.
,, I can't.. let him suffer more.. I can't just turn my back to him again.. If you want to send him away I'll go with him"

,, lance you're acting ridiculous without you we can't form voltron.. but we can without ... some type of new experiment from the galra ! Or whatever it Is. It's dangerous " she concluded stepping forward determined.

,, so you just care about voltron !?"

,, ofcorse not lance, we're just trying to be careful" hunk also stepped forward with a worrying expression.

They continued talking arguing back and forth while Keith just laid there, head laying on the fur.  The even breaths where calming him and he only listened to them letting it lull him to sleep again.

-dream time-

,, they don't need you, they rescued more planets with shiro leading them again than they'd ever would with you as a leader the past few months."
Whipe,keith clenched his teeth letting the tears run down silently it felt as if his back was being sliced open over the already existing cuts.
,, WHY DON'T YOU DIE !?"

-dream time over-

He gasped jumping away when his eyes started roaming the bright almost white place making him panic more as he felt lost but once he realized he was leaning against lance he flinched moving away from the hold.

There were red tissues everywhere around them. Soaked in .. in blood.

Keith looked down on himself seeing as he had no shirt on. He folded his arms together over his body when he saw lances red eyes looking at him in nothing but sadness.
,, it's ok ... " lance spoke and Keith quickly looked away not wanting to end up seeing the disgust in lances eyes he spotted that his legs have already been bandaged up.

Lance moved closer slowly his hand reached out as he moved Keith's head to face him, he ended up cupping Keith's face and kissing his forehead hesitant.

,, it's ok .. I promise " he whispered and it brought tears to Keith's eyes when lance even carefully pulled him closer into a gentle hug.

------

For probably houres lance had been watching Keith's tiny sleeping form in his bed.he laid down besides him because Keith wouldn't let go of lances hand and even if he refused to get help from lance to walk from the bathroom into the bedroom, hes still just hold Lance's hand to not leave his side. Looking over at his wolf which lance had managed to listen to him and lay in a bundle of blankets and pillows hr gathered for it.

It seemed comfortable for it tho since it imediantly fell asleep. Lance placed water and a bowl filled with different foods beside it in case it woke up and was lost. He didn't even know what it ate, never had he seen a creature like that.

Lance hand stroke over Keith's messy still a little wet hair. hes managed to wash him even tho it took forever it was worth it. Keith was clean of dirt and his major wounds were treated, cleaned and bandaged. The galra ears had disappeard his eyes were back to the brown and his skin had returned ro it's normal colour they had only known. No more sign of any galra parts on him.

Keith had several gashes over his side's as if some animal had caused them. A big animal. Overall he was covered in bruises and scars some seemingly older then other but almost each was horrible and lance could only imagen what pain it must've cause him. even in his sleep he wouldn't stop shaking, tho lance covered him up with new clothing and blankets. He was forced to realize he wasnt shaking from the cold.

Lance would never even have imagened to see Keith this fragile one day.
This broken the tiny doubt was still there in the back of his head.. that this might actually not be Keith afterall.
Yet even if it wasnt, fact was that he had went through hell and lance couldnt just abandon him.

He was just so skinny aswell it made everything even worse.. seeing him like this would affect anyone even those who didn't know the feisty and strong Keith from before that he kept seeing, putting the 2 side by side.

Unconsciously lance found himself dozing off aswell when he got lost in thoughts.