8

,, hey " lance asked when he arrived by the room again as he watched keith feed his wolf with the same food he was eating himself.

Keith only briefly looked at him moving toward the see the see through barrier as he stood onto his still shaky legs limping his way forward, with the now empty plate in hands.

,, I talked to them, pidge and hunk are on our side, well curan doesnt really know himself what to do " he chuckled lightly.

,, I-its ok " keith mumbled bearly audible and lance clenched his teeth hurt himself for that keith didnt seem eager to defend himself much.

,, allura and shiro they dont mean it you know that right ?"
Lance assured worried as he pressed a bottom and a small window opened letting lance reach his hand inside and take the plate.

Once he had it placed aside on another table he was going to press the bottom again letting it close when Keith's hand stopped him causing lance to look at him again but keith only had his eyes on they're hands. When he took a hold of Lance's hand with both of his own.
,, l-lance "

,, I'm getting you out of there ok.. I promise you just have to wait a little... you're going to be alright"

But keith didnt look at him when lance spotted his eyes tearing up, nothing more he wanted than to just open it and pull keith into a hug to let him rest on an actual bed again. As he reached his hand out more to place it onto Keith's cheek as keith closed his eyes in response.

,, y-you dont have to ..." he then said however, moving Lance's hand away again.

,, what do you mean? "

Keith looked behind himself before Back to look at his own feet.
,, i ... i dont want to Bring the Team down.. i dont want you guys to argue,.. v-voltron is too important the Team is too important, you guys dont need me. I can leave.. its ok "

,, keith... " lance merely whispered in shock but also sadness. ,, thats not true"

,, you dont have to feel guilty for what happened either, it's my own fault "
Keith stepped away from the barrier but lance was frowning in disbelief.

,, how is any of this your fault ?? "

,, I'm one of them lance !" keith cried finally looking up at him.
,, I've always been galra maybe that's why I'd never get anyone to like me "

,, you think I give a damn about you being galra or human or whatever ?? we care about you, we.. I like you"

,, no... you pity me because you feel guilty and the rest knows I'm a monster now.. even shiro finally realized how he wasted so much time raising a galra "
The wolf came closer stroking keith leg with its head gently whimpering as if it understood the words

,, that's not true "

,, just leave me alone lance.. " keith got down to sit, facing the other side like he didnt want lance to see him cry.
,, please "

Lance hesitated but in the end didnt know what to say when he closed that open window again turning away as he took his first steps away.

,, lance ?"
Hunk noticed him walk by and stopped him when he noticed the expression his teammate wore.
,, what's wrong ?"

,, do you honestly have to ask that ?"

,, did you talk to keith ? WHat did he say?"
Lance shock his head looking down a little angry.

,, he called himself a monster, because hes galra" he crossed his arms glaring to himself ,, as if it mattered.!... how .. how can think so low of himself it's like he doesnt even want to fight for himself anymore"