11

Shiro stopped by the door looking inside to see lance hovering over the bed keith was laying on.
It was Lance's room and Lance's bed. A faint yet sad smile creeped onto shiros lips when he watched the blue paladin run his hands gently through Keith's hair, sitting besides the bed.

,, what do you want ?" Lance's tone was deep obviously angered as he didnt even look up from Keith to shiro.

The smile faded almost instandly while shiro walked further into the room.

,, dont, come any closer "
Obviously lance had been angered but when shiro looked closer he could see that the boys eyes were red showing that he probably had cried himself.
,, I will fight you if you take him again... I'll fight everyone if one of you lays a damn finger on him again "

,, lance .."
Once shiro stepped closer again lance stood up pulling his bayard to stretch it out and point at his leader.

,, I didnt know this would happen "
Shiro defended himself but still held back as he looked at lance sadly before his eyes traveled to keith laying on the bed looking as pale as he could

,, yeah right "

,, I know its keith.. ok I wouldnt have taken him with allura if I knew she would do that "

Lance was quiet but still glared at him when suddenly keith moved in the bed to lay further against the wall as if he was trying to hide in it.

,, listen" shiro started ,, I had a talk with him the night before allura wanted to ask him questions. He told me what they did to him I thought... I thought if allura would hear the same thing from him she would change her mind like I did ..
I've been halfway through what he went through. I know how horrible it was. Part of me doesnt want it.. didnt want it to be keith because i didnt want him to have went through this aswell .. "

Lance lowered his bayard his glare slowly fading as he listened.
,, keith.. has always been like my baby brother.. I knew what you 2 had aswell "

,, he told you ?" Lance rose both eyebrows

,, he didn't have to.. I know him. The happiest he was with you "

,, appearently you dont know him then, if I had made him happy then he wouldnt have broke up with me "
Lance looked away as he put his bayard back to it's original place.

,, I think the reason why he did that should be obvious now " shiro got closer placing his hand on the blue Paladins shoulder.,, hes pushing us away now just like he had back then. It had never been so obvious as to why hes acting this way, as now, because it has gotten worse than ever"

Lance didnt need shiro to say it out loud when he figured. Keith had always acted a little strange, not including himself unless someone asked him or pulled him up to it. He wasnt confident. He was never and he reacted to compliments as if he didnt deserve them.

Keith thought too little of himself. Maybe even so little that he believed he wasnt good enough for anyone. Especially now.
How he told lance to leave him alone, told him he didnt have to fight for him.
He thinks he wasnt worth it, like he didnt deserve it.

It terrified lance to think that keith could be telling himself that he deserved what he got.

That wouldve been the worst he could think of. Keith deserved the world in Lance's eyes. He hadnt done anything but protect people that have treated him like trash.

If anything then it would be lance who didnt deserve him. After all he had done.
Keith knows when he was depressed back then. He must remember how lance laughed at him even when he was missing in school.. missing because he tried to take his life because of lance and the people that joined to mistreat him. Including all these Forster parents.