Chapter 3 - Serpentine

"Alyssa!" Yvette called for the name of the beautiful blonde woman named Alyssa Drake. The brunette could not see herself getting along with Alyssa. Yvette thought of her as a kiss-ass who would please people to make them trust her. However, seeing Alyssa in front of the library seemed like the best chance to talk to her.

"Serpentine," Alyssa acknowledged Yvette's presence. She knew the shapeshifter. Actually, all the high ranking officers in the Order knew of Yvette Perry. Vera wanted Yvette on their side because the serpents were no fans of taking human lives unlike the werewolves. "Is there anything that I can help you with?"

"That's not my name," Yvette eyed the blonde. "We are called the serpentines but I prefer that you call me by my given name. I'm pretty sure that you are aware of what my name is, aren't you?"

"Uh—I'm sorry, Yvette,"

Yvette found herself smirking. "You're afraid of me, aren't you, Alyssa Drake? I can sense it and your fear tastes...delicious,"

Yvette was wrong about what Alyssa felt. The blonde was not afraid of the serpentine, she was terrified. What was there not to be terrified of? A single bite from Yvette would kill her. Alyssa did not fail to notice when Yvette's eyes turned to slits. She was feasting on her fear. "W—What do you want?" the blonde stuttered.

"I need to talk to Vera Stone,"

"A—About what?"

"I'm joining the Order," Yvette grinned widely at Alyssa. "You know how Vera has been dying to have me as a member of your secret society. Now, guess what? You'll be stuck with me, Alyssa...and with your fear, there's no way that I'll ever get hungry again."

***

Yvette would not find herself in this situation if it was not for Randall being an animal in bed. The serpentine could not forget how hot the two fucked last night. Since Randall had the supernatural strength of a werewolf, one could guess how hard he fucked Yvette.

Of course, not once in her life did Yvette think that he would have sex with her bully. However, they were in college now. Hooking up was not that big of a deal anymore...and joining the Order was the first part of the favor that Randall asked of her.

The only thing that Randall did not know now was that Yvette had a crush on him before too. Yvette found the information irrelevant so she decided to keep her mouth shut. Even though the serpentine did not want to admit it to herself, talking to Randall made her feelings come back.

"Ms. Perry," Vera leaned back on her chair. "I'm assuming that you're here because you've finally realized that it is best to join us?"

"Would I come here for a different reason?" with everything that was happening now, it seemed like Andy dumping Yvette was a long time ago even though it just happened yesterday. She never thought that keeping herself this busy would be enough to move on. Yvette started to have second thoughts about her feelings for Andy Fields. If it was this easy to move on, did it mean that she fell out of love for him a long time ago?

"I guess not," Vera emptied her mind. The last thing that she wanted to do was provide a hint that she found the serpentine frightening. Even in her human form, Yvette seemed confident...and rebellious and Vera knew that people like Yvette would not hesitate to do the thing that first came into their minds. "I'll have the Magistratus, Alyssa Drake, to act as your mentor. You can start you first day tomorrow,"

"Looking forward to it," Yvette turned around and was ready to leave Vera's office. "I know the flow of organizations and societies. I don't like being treated as a servant, Grand Magus. I think it's best that you have Alyssa teach me magic instead of ordering me around,"

***

"You're drinking too much. Why are you in such a hurry?" Randall asked Yvette who was downing eight shots of tequila in one go. The werewolf had an arm around the serpent. In all honesty, Randall had no idea what his relationship with Yvette was. Sure, they fucked—and they fucked good...but he did not know what was he supposed to do next. Were they officially dating now? Was he now in a relationship with the girl of his dreams from middle school?

"I ate a lot of Alyssa's fear and it made me so thirsty," Yvette laughed. Unfortunately, her mood changed when she noticed who had walked inside the room. "Isn't that your girlfriend?" Randall and Yvette talked more about themselves after they had sex last night. So far, Yvette was knowledgeable about who the knights were.

"Yes. No—I don't know. She's supposed to be but she doesn't remember me," Randall stared at Lilith Bathory who was one of the Knights of Saint Christopher and Timber's champion. Unlike Randall, Lilith had no idea that she was a werewolf.

"Do you love her?" Yvette was getting drunk, but that did not stop her from drinking the rest of the tequila.

"I am fond of her but we've only dated for just two days. She's the only girl in our group so it's like I have no choice but to like her," Randall admitted. He was scared for Lilith when she was taken hostage by the former Grand Magus but he had no idea if he felt something deeper for the she-wolf.

Yvette removed Randall's arm that was around her shoulder and stood up. She was obviously drunk by the way that she moved. "I'm going to go buy myself more drinks. Wait. That guy's cute," Yvette pointed at the guy near the entrance of the bar. "I'm going to talk to him,"

Randall immediately grabbed Yvette's wrist. "No, you're not,"

The serpentine pulled her hand away from the werewolf's grasp. Yvette pulled down her top to expose more of her cleavage. There was a reason of why she was popular. She was weird, yes, but no one needed to know that as long as she was beautiful and hot. "What? Are you jealous?"

Randall was silent for a few seconds until he decided to answer. "What if I am?"

"And you're the only one allowed to? Your fucking girlfriend is right there! Also, the both of us....? We're not allowed to get jealous. We're not even in a relationship, Randall," Yvette rolled her eyes before she walked to the direction of her target.

Randall groaned. Yvette was much more difficult that he thought. He stood up to grab Yvette before he carried her by the shoulder. "You left me with no choice, Eve. I'm going to fuck your brains out,"

Officially dating or not, Randall was territorial. There was no way in hell that he would let another man touch his woman