Chapter 10 (Final Chapter) - Serpentine

Randall woke up.

He looked at his surroundings and was weirded out by what he saw.

He had no memories of going to the park.

He had no memories of what happened even before that.

There was like this big hole in his brain where his memory was lost.

He asked himself if he was drunk last night and did not take notice of the time.

That could be possible.

Everyone who knew Randall was aware that he liked to drink. He was nowhere near to being an alcoholic but still, he liked the bliss of getting drunk.

He shook himself when he stood up—as if shaking himself would help him remember his lost memories. This was the first time that it happened. It was the first time that Randall blacked out from drinking too much. Well, there was a first time for everything as he believed.

He walked to the direction of his dorm and did not bother to think about what he was feeling inside his chest.

He was feeling pain...but he decided to shrug it off.

Why the hell would he be heartbroken when he did not even have a girlfriend to start with?

***

Yvette Perry groaned when she woke up and it was not because she had a hangover—though that was part of it—but the pain in her heart was something that she could not push aside.

After leaving an unconscious Randall in the park, she went back to the university bar and drank until the bar was closed. It would be the last time that Yvette would go to The Blade and Chalice before being buried alive after all.

She convinced herself that she deserved to have a little bit of 'fun' before she left—though there was clearly nothing fun with being heartbroken.

Yvette stood up and packed all of her things. She would miss the room that she had all by herself. The 'room for sharing' that Vera Stone bribed her to have so that she would join the Hermetic Order of the Blue Rose.

Even with Vera Stone's efforts, Randall Carpio was the reason of why Yvette joined the Order...though it was just for a short time because Yvette finally learned the drawback in being a serpentine.

Additionally, the Grand Magus secured a place for the serpentine once she came back to the Belgrave University. In the back of Yvette's mind, she was not sure if she would come back. She did not want to see Randall again.

At most, she did not want to see Randall in a relationship with another girl.

Yvette bathed and did not bother to put a little amount of make-up to enhance her beauty. She wore her most comfortable clothes and was ready to leave the room.

The serpentine opened the door of her room and was surprised to see a blonde girl standing outside the door. Yvette caught the blonde who had her right hand on a fist, ready to knock.

"Alyssa? What's wrong?" Yvette frowned at the nervous look on Alyssa Drake's pretty face. "How long have you been standing there?"

"Twenty-four min—It doesn't matter," Alyssa chuckled nervously.

"So...?"

"I'm here to say goodbye," Alyssa sighed. "I don't know if you would like me to come walk you outside of the university bu—"

"I would love to," Yvette's smile was sincere. She expected to walk the university alone but walking with Alyssa would make it all better.

Once the two girls were outside of the dorms. Alyssa could not help but point out, "You don't look okay. I assume that you did it?"

"I did,"

"You know, I wanted to change the powder so that Randall wouldn't forget...but who was I to meddle with your choice?"

"I appreciate your help, Alyssa. I really do. However, this is the only way to—you know—be fair to Randall. I don't want him to get hurt," and Yvette told the blonde the absolute truth. It was the truth that once never faltered.

"To be honest, I thought that we wouldn't get along at first,"

"Same,"

"You fed of my fear, remember?" Alyssa laughed at the memory. "I was terrified! I--I actually thought that you were some heartless shapeshifter,"

"And now...?"

"Now, I'm so glad that I've met you. I don't usually befriend girls a lot and even for just a short time, I'm glad that we became friends. You're a good person, Yvette. With your decision in making Randall forget about your relationship, I realize that you're selfless,"

Yvette and Alyssa were now in front of Belgrave Hall. Outside the gates of Belgrave University, the serpentine caught glimpse of her father's car. "My dad's here. This is where I say goodbye,"

"I'll miss you," Alyssa hugged the serpentine.

"I'll miss you too, Alyssa," Yvette hugged back.

Alyssa walked away a few seconds after, mentally wishing Yvette good luck in her life as a serpentine.

Yvette inhaled a huge amount of hair and walked to the direction of her father's car. Her heart beat faster when a boy walked pass her. She could smell him. The scent that she had grown to love.

Randall's scent that she had grown familiar with ever since the boy first woke up in Yvette's bed. She pushed the thought of Randall aside and continued walking.

Randall Carpio did not turn back, though he knew that girl. That girl was the one who he had a crush on in middle school.

Why did it seem like she was leaving? Randall asked himself if Yvette Perry was going to leave the university.

On the other hand, it was none of his business.

Why would Randall care?

It was not like Yvette gave him any of her attention in the first place.