Chapter 9 - Serpentine

"Wait..." Alyssa Drake frowned. "Are you telling me that you're fuck buddies with Randall Carpio?"

"That is a simpler way to put it but I think that we're in a relationship. We started off with sleeping with each other and because of that, I'm with you," Yvette confessed. The serpentine now believed that the Magistratus of the Hermetic Order of the Blue Rose could be trusted. Why else would the blonde keep Yvette's secret of killing her ex-boyfriend, Andy Fields and his new girlfriend, Emily Geller who were also acolytes of the Order?

"What do you mean?"

"I will be completely honest with you, Alyssa," Yvette breathed a huge amount of air. With the sudden revelation, she was not sure of how the blonde would react. Would Alyssa be mad at her? "I came to the Order because Randall and I had a deal,"

"A deal?"

"Yes,"

"What kind of deal?"

"We have sex and I help him restore the other Knights' memories,"

Alyssa had no idea of how to react. She was stunned. She was speechless. Of course, she was certain that a member of the Order used the Obfuscation—the memory loss—powder on the werewolf...or was there some kind of mistake? Was the powder switched like she did with Jack Morton before? "H—How?" the Magistratus managed to choke out.

"Maybe it was a mistake on your side? Or maybe Randall's will's so strong that he was able to outpower it?"

"That's not possible..." Alyssa shook her head. The powder being switched by mistake was more believable than a person having the strength to withstand the side effect of the Obfuscation powder. "Why are you telling me this now?"

"Because I will be leaving, Alyssa," there was a part of Yvette that knew that she would somehow miss Alyssa Drake—and not once did she ever think that would happen before. "I think it's safe to say that I'll miss you,"

A smile found its way on the corners of Alyssa's lips. "I never thought that I'd hear you say that. Ditto,"

"Which means that I will be leaving Randall too,"

"Are you in love with him?"

"I think I am," the serpentine sighed. How else would she be able to explain the pain that she felt in her chest—the constant paranoia of Randall being with some other girl once she was gone? If that ever happened, at least Yvette would not be around to witness it. At the back of her mind, she knew that Randall at least deserved to be happy—even if that meant being happy with someone else.

"Why don't you give it a shot?" Alyssa suggested.

"Give what a shot?"

"The two of you," the Magistratus rolled her eyes as she was stating the obvious. "It could work. You will only be gone for two years. Randall is taking his pre-med. There's a huge chance that he will continue his studies to graduate school and he'll still be here once you come back,"

"Two years is a very long time. I don't think he deserves to wait for me that long. He might find somebody new,"

"It's your call. I'm just suggesting,"

"That's why I need your help, Alyssa. You're the only one who can help me regarding this."

***

Yvette walked her way to the university bar and grabbed herself a drink. Tomorrow, she would be leaving Belgrave University to be buried underground for two years. At the moment, the serpentine could not help but envy the other students who were inside the bar.

Unlike her, those students were normal.

They did not need to be buried underground to preserve their humanity.

They did not need to leave Randall Carpio.

They would still be able to see him in campus by next week.

"You're here," a new voice joined Yvette's thoughts. "I should have known that you'd come here,"

"Randall," the serpentine acknowledged the boy's presence. If there was someone who would be able to find her, it was Randall Carpio.

Little did the boy know that Yvette Perry was not hiding. She wanted to be found because there was something that she needed to do first before leaving the university.

"I was looking for you for hours!" Randall slightly yelled. He was frustrated due to the lack of knowledge. He had no idea of what was up with Yvette and why she was acting this way. They were okay...but then she left Randall alone in the restaurant. "We need to talk...seriously,"

"Then let's talk,"

"We nee—what?"

"Let's talk, Randall," Yvette stood up and walked out of the bar with the werewolf tailing behind her. They went to the park located inside the university and sat on the bench.

Now that Yvette agreed to talk, Randall had no idea of what to talk about and where to start. He had no idea of what to ask Yvette other than, "What do you think of me, Eve?"

"Honestly?"

"Yes,"

"I love you, Randall," Yvette had a hand behind her. "I love you and that's why I need to do this," before the werewolf could react, the serpentine used the Obfuscation powder that she got from Alyssa—the powder that would make Randall Carpio forget about the Knights...and his relationship with Yvette Perry.