07 | the boy in the tower

The kiss was soft and the epitome of perfection

The kiss was soft and the epitome of perfection. There was no rush or urgency, it was sweet and amorous. Jeongguk smiled shyly at Taehyung once he ultimately pulled back from the intimate gesture, his cheeks glimmering with an adorable pink sheen. Taehyung could not help but smile back. "Was that okay?"

"It was more than okay," Jeongguk whispered, his heart fluttering rapidly.

"Good."

They continued to watch the lanterns in a comfortable silence, and Jeongguk gathered enough courage to lean back against Taehyung's firm chest. Taehyung smiled and wrapped his strong arms around Jeongguk, enjoying the view of both the lanterns and Jeongguk.

However, his smile faltered as he caught a glimpse of something in the distance. "Gguk, we have to go."

"What?" Jeongguk looked up at Taehyung with a muddled expression. "Why?"

"We just do. Okay?" Taehyung began rowing the boat back towards the shore at the opposite end of the lake, where a green light glowed. For the first time since Jeongguk had met him, he genuinely looked scared. "I want you to stay here, Gguk. I'll be right back, I promise." He climbed out of the boat and grabbed the satchel. "Stay here."

Jeongguk was confused and worried. "O-Okay," he tried to smile, but he was too scared to. Taehyung managed to smile back before jogging into the night, and Jeongguk watched him go, gnawing on his swollen bottom lip, nervously. He waited for what felt like hours, his fear increasing with every second that passed.

"Jeongguk!" a voice called.

The boy nearly jumped out of his skin when Mother Rosé hugged him, coming from seemingly nowhere. "Oh, I was so worried," she pulled back to kiss all over his face, her long, feminine fingers brushing over the necklace around his neck tantalizingly slow. "Do you know who you were with?" she demanded, meeting Jeongguk's wary irises. "I thought I recognized him when I saw you with him for the first time, and I finally realized. He's Kim Taehyung, Jeongguk. The Kim Taehyung," she shook her head. "He could've killed you."

"What?" Jeongguk whispered, dumbfounded. "No, he's nice. He wouldn't hurt me."

Mother Rosé clicked her tongue as she began to lead him back to the tower. "That's what he wanted you to believe, Jeongguk, but he's a hardened criminal. He was probably waiting for the perfect moment to kill you."

"Wait," Jeongguk jerked out her grasp and held onto the boat. "He told me to stay here."

"You're honestly still listening to him after what I just told you?" Mother Rosé shook her head and sighed in disappointment. "Look, Jeongguk. There he is, sailing away with the satchel." She pointed in the distance, and Jeongguk's heart sank to the bottom of the ocean. "He's no good. Just come home with me, Jeongguk, and I'll even forget this ever happened."

"I..." Jeongguk wanted to cry. "Okay," he whispered, voice frail, following his mother wordlessly.

Mother Rosé's devious lip curled up into a triumph smirk, her plan had worked. She had set up Min Yoongi and Jeong Hoseok's signal to lure Taehyung in and she told him to leave Jeongguk alone. However, when he did not listen, she knocked him out and tied him up on a boat, making it look as though he was taking off with the satchel. She hoped this would teach Jeongguk to never ever leave that godforsaken tower again.

●¤¤¤¤●◇◇◇◇●¤¤¤¤○◇◇◇◇●¤¤¤¤●

How was it?

I honestly loath Mother Rosé, like bruh, chill your raggedy ass out. Sheesh. Poor Ggukie is so naïve ㅍ,.

안녕히 가세요, 모니 보라애요~💜