09 | the boy in the tower

"Gguk

"Gguk..." Taehyung whispered and held the hand that was on his wound. "Please, no. Don't do this."

"Taehyungie..." Jeongguk sobbed softly. He brought Taehyung's hand to his lips, and prepped feathery kisses to his fingers. "I have to. It's okay. Shh." He gently untangled his fingers from Taehyung's and placed his hand back on the wound, opening his mouth to sing again. However, before he had gotten the mere chance to utter a lyric, Taehyung snatched the necklace and ripped it from Jeongguk's neck, slamming it against the floor as hard as he could.

Both Jeongguk and Mother Rosé screamed as gold dust billowed into the stagnant air and faded out, released by the shattered jewel, but for very different reasons. Mother Rosé's youth melted away until she was old and scraggly, and she pointed at Taehyung with a knobby, wrinkled finger. "You!" she screeched, and surged towards him with the knife, but she tripped over a discarded book and instead fell out the window with another scream

Jeongguk watched her plummet to her death, horrified. A soft groan drew his attention back to Taehyung who cradled his side in pain. "Taehyungie," he whispered, his tears rolling faster. "Why'd you do that? I-I can't save you now."

"S'okay," Taehyung muttered, leaning into Jeongguk's touch. "Better this way."

"T-Tae..." Jeongguk sobbed, watching him wince in pain as he tried to reach up. "You can't l-leave me. You can't." Jeongguk took Taehyung's hand and laced their fingers together, kissing it repeatedly. "It's not better this way."

Taehyung shook his head slightly and pulled Jeongguk closer, his heartbeat gradually decreasing. "I love you," he whispered in his ear, and with that, the warmth of life was stolen from him.

"N-No, no, please," Jeongguk begged, shaking him. "Please, TaeTae. I love you too, I love you too. Please come back to me. Taehyung!" he collapsed in a pool of his own tears onto Taehyung's chest, clutching his lifeless hand as though his life depended on it. "Please, Taehyungie. Please. I love you too. You can't leave me." Jeongguk cried for a long time, tears soaking Taehyung's shirt. Unbeknownst to him, they fell into his wound, sending gold dust into the air.

Jeongguk pulled away when he noticed the light, and he watched in awe and confusion, not knowing what was going on. The wound began to glow just like it would if he used his necklace, as quickly as they started the lights faded, and soon pretty charcoal irises fluttered open. "Gguk?" whispered Taehyung, squeezing Jeongguk's hand back.

"Taehyung!" cried Jeongguk, attacking him in a bone-crushing hug. "You're okay..." he broke down in a fit of alternative sobs, and Taehyung sat up enough to wrap Jeongguk in his arms.

"I'm okay," he murmured, kissing Jeongguk's fluffy hair repeatedly.

"I love you," Jeongguk sobbed. "I love you so much."

Taehyung was baffled, but he softened. "I love you too."

●¤¤¤¤●◇◇◇◇●¤¤¤¤●◇◇◇◇●¤¤¤¤●

How was it?

Here are some free tissues. 🤧 That was rather intense, don't you think? At least the confessed their love for one another.

Note: there is one last chapter after this! It is a short story after all.

안녕히 가세요, 모니 보라애요~💜