CHAPTER 1-

MIKA

"So, tell me about yourself. You're smart, beautiful; your legs look good as hell in that dress, you smell sexy, what else do I not know about you?"

He swirled the red wine in his glass.

His eyes sparkled from the candlelight in front of us. He was handsome, yeah, but I didn't know if I was feeling him just yet. Don't get me wrong; my date was sweet so far. He picked me up in a taxi, and we headed over to the restaurant together. He complimented the short red dress that I had on and held the door open. I just wasn't feeling it yet. He was doing things a little too perfect...

"Well, I am new here. I moved to New York about a month ago to get a fresh start. I wanted some change in my life."

He listened closely to what I was saying.

"I..umm...cry during movies...like a baby."

He laughed, showing his pearly straight white teeth. He took a sip of wine, and the leftover droplets laid on his soft pink lips. As he licked them off, my imagination went wild. The things I would do to him tonight if I didn't have a three-month rule. His hands were huge; he could use those on me anytime.

I looked down, biting my lips blushing.

"I love art. My dream has always been to be an art dealer and gallerist, even though I'm a doctor right now. I like cuddles and don't like scary movies that much. I love Jamaican food and any other good food that makes me feel at home. I'm an old soul, and I love a good time..."

He looked at me with flirtatious eyes biting his supple lips. My lady parts tingled. Shit.

"Umm...and yeah, that's me so far..."

It made me uncomfortable to talk about myself that much, but I tried to embrace it. I took a sip of my drink, trying hard not to blush. My date made me nervous.

"So, what about you, what have you been up to, Mr. Pearly Whites?"

To be honest, I forgot his name already. He reached across the table and held onto my hand, playing with my manicured fingers.

"Well, Dr. Rose, I'm a corporate lawyer here. I am a partner at the Boston and Poly firm down the street," he said.

I tilted my head to the side as I tried to think of where he was talking about. He was making bank down there, though—a whole partner at a law firm.

"Big building on the corner of Madison."

I was still confused because I didn't know where the hell anything was in this big-ass city. I just nodded.

"I like to draw, probably not as good as you. I like the Caribbean food they got around here; it's good. I like to explore, travel, see the world, meet different people...have a good time too..."

He stared at me lustfully.

"I like to build stuff piece by piece, take care of what's mine..."

Was he still talking about himself? I got hot just by the way he was looking and talking. He seemed like he knew just the right thing to say. He looked me in the eyes. Man, he was fine, grown, sexy. My eyes went from his face to his muscular body. The waitress came by the table, snapping me out of my untamed fantasies.

"Good evening, my name is Ivana, and I will be serving you tonight. My coworker, Boris, will be bringing the drinks. Are you guys ready to order, or do you need more time?"

He still had his eyes locked on mine. Oh my gosh.

We were at the Pascalou tonight, which was a French restaurant on Madison Ave. It was small, but it was a beautiful place at night. They had cute lights strung outside the restaurant. It was beginning to snow outside, and it made the night even more gorgeous.