CHAPTER 7-

MIKA

"Gina's here," I said to Candice moving the phone far from my face.

Gina was on the phone. She was coming over to visit before Candice left for Cali on Monday. Mark had just walked her up to my apartment cause she was really supposed to be on bed rest.

Candice started panicking a little cause we were working on some of the baby shower decorations on my bed. We had gotten most of the flowers done already and was just gluing them to strings and starting on the invites. Candice and I then scrambled to push everything under my bed and in every corner we thought that Gina couldn't find them.

The doorbell then rang.

"Okay looks none baby showerish," I said.

I switched shirts cause I had gotten glitter dust and glue on this one, then we went to meet Gina at the door.

"Gina!" Candice and I said in unison hugging our best friend tightly.

"Umm hi?" she asked weirdly giving us a suspicious look. "Is something going on?" She laughed.

My chest got tight. I did not know how to lie to save my life. I looked at Candice cheesing hard.

"Girl stop playing and come inside. I haven't seen you in forever and you over here asking if something's going on." Candice saved the day, then ushered Gina through the door.

Her baby bump had gotten much bigger than what I remembered, but I guess it made sense cause she was already 8 months pregnant. We were a little late on the baby shower.

"Hey, Mark." I smiled giving him a little side hug.

"Hey Mika..." he said in his quiet deep voice. "What are y'all about to do?"

He seemed like he had something on his mind.

"I think maybe just watch tv and hang out a little," I said. "Are you headed home or to do something else?"

"I'm not too sure yet, but I know a couple buddies of mine are going to this improv house tonight, so I might stop by, but not sure yet," he said. "I'll be back whenever she calls."

"Bye babe!" Gina shouted from across in my living room and Mark and I both laughed.

"Alright well, we'll see you later." I smiled and closed the door after saying goodbyes. "Now time for the strippers!"

I said dance walking back to my friends. We all busted out in laughter. Don't worry, I'm just kidding. Not yet.

It was past dinner time so I had ordered some dinner for us from a local restaurant and opened a bottle of Merlot that I had in the wine cooler waiting for the right moment. I know, I know, Gina won't be able to drink the Merlot, but I got her the non-alcoholic stuff my mom used to get for my sister and I when we were kids. I wasn't selfish y'all.

"So tell me that story again!?" I asked from the kitchen setting up the plates for dinner.

Candice had started a random story but in the middle of the story. The food was about to be here any minute.

"Okay, so y'all remember Tyrese right!?" Candice said taking a big sip of her wine.

"Who the hell is Tyrese Candice?" Gina asked laughing.

I started cracking up cause of how Gina said it.

"Tyrese, y'all know Tyrese. That one brother from my college with the big..." she reminded us.

"Ohh that Tyrese," I said raising an eyebrow. "What did he do?"

"Girl, it's what he didn't do. Okay?" Candice laughed scandalously.