CHAPTER 5-

MIKA
CHAPTER 5

Candice took a sip of water.

"Rum and coke please."

Candice then stood up hyping the guy as he sang Beyonce on the stage.

She was bringing so much life to the crowd and I was laughing at how excited she was getting. The guy then did a squat and a booty pop.

"Yass boo!" Candice hyped.

I was having a good time watching Candice. She then sat back down drinking her new drink.

After the guy had gotten done performing, he walked off stage sweating a little on his forehead.

"Good job."

I smiled at him as he walked past us.

Candice gave him a high-five. She and I continued talking about work and other things with life. We then pulled out our phones and decided to start looking at baby shower ideas for Gina's baby shower.

"I saw this on the flight over when I was looking," Candice said to me showing me a picture she had saved on her phone.

It was a princess themed baby shower and it looked really cute. There were crown-shaped cupcakes and diaper cookies.

"Mmm, save that one. I think she might like that," I said with my straw on the edge of my lips continuing to scroll through my Pinterest for more ideas.

Gina was having a baby girl, and besides that Gina liked pink, she liked princess things growing up, and she just liked glam in general, so I was working with that criteria. We looked some more for decorations that looked like it would be something that Gina would like and saved them to look at later.

I had only gotten through half of my drink and Candice was already ordering another rum and Coke. She was having a good time with those drinks and I was still stuck on my first.

"Let's go do some karaoke!" Candice said.

To be honest the standards thing was still on my mind.

"I don't know Candice, I'm a little tired," I said pushing my drink aside and drinking some of my water instead.

"Aww come on Mika, please. I'm only in town for five days," she said, then stretched her hand in front of her so that I would take it.

"Please."

I thought about it for a minute, then somehow I managed to take the offer and placed my hands on hers. She pulled me to my feet and we took our drinks and made our way to the Dj arm in arm.

"What song?" she asked in my ear.

Before I could say a word she requested Lizzo Truth Hurts. Y'all aren't ready for Candice's remix of Truth Hurts. She ran up on the stage pulling me behind her.

She took a big gulp of her drink and I saw her eyelids get heavy as she got ready for the song. Yep, she's drunk. The karaoke screen started counting down. 1,2,3. I only knew the first part of the song.

I just took a DNA test, turns out I'm 100% that bitch (I am: Candice added)
Even when I'm crying crazy
Yeah, I got boy problems (Candice: he's being a bitch), that's the human in me
Bling bling, then I solve 'em, that's the goddess in me

I was cracking up cause Candice was talking about Jamel while she was singing. We both sang in unison. Honestly, fuck everything. Life was too short to be worried about small stuff for longer than ten minutes.