Chapter One

(🎵Riptide- Vance Joy)

My alarm wakes me up and I push myself up with my elbows out of bed. Rubbing my eyes, I realize today is Saturday... And I have nothing to do! I flop back in bed and scroll on my phone, looking at Twitter and realizing I just got 30k followers. Wow! I send a quick thank you note to my followers-
@jennahanson
Thanks for 30k! Ilysm and hope you all have a great day! Xoxo
I get up, brush my teeth, wash my face, and head downstairs for breakfast.
"Hi, mom." I say as I finish coming down the last steps of the staircase, eyeing my mom who was sitting on the couch reading her book and petting our cat, Mittens.
"Hi, honey. You've got an audition tomorrow." She says causally, turning the page in her book.
"Oh, cool. What for?" I ask making myself a cup of coffee.
"I'll tell you at dinner tonight." She says with a sneaky smirk.
With a confused face and a shrug, I keep quiet, take a sip of my pumpkin spice coffee and take a big bite of my toast.
*note that it's fall time*
"Cold outside today?" I ask, trying to make conversation in the awkward room.
"I dunno, why don't you check your phone, hun?"
I check my phone to see 62 degrees f. is the high today, meaning that's super cold for California.
After my breakfast was all gone except for the remaining crumbs, I grab my coffee and head up to the shower, then to my closet. I pick out a cream thick short dress, patterned tights, brown clogs and an anthropologie cardigan. I blow dry my hair and spritz some surf spray, and do some natural makeup. I decide to text my BFF, Olivia.
To: Olivia Park
Lunch and makeup shopping? ;) ily
From: Jenna
A few minutes later, my phone dings:
From: Olivia Park
Sure hon! Meet me on Beverly Drive at 12.
___________
To: Olivia Park
Ok, see u soon!
___________
It's already 11:30 so I grab my nude Deux Lux bag, my sunglasses and head to Beverly Drive.