Chapter 6- The Audition

(🎵Breathe Me- Sia)

I wake up, stretch, and look over to my dresser to get my phone when I see my bouquet of sunflowers Chandler gave to me. I smile, remembering last night and how romantic it was.
I get up, make my bed, wash my face and brush my teeth. Then I head downstairs for breakfast.
My mom is sitting at the table on her phone. She smiles and asks me how it went last night.
"Well, I'd like to announce that I officially belong to Chandler Riggs." I say with a grin.
My mom laughs and says "How sweet! You guys will hopefully be working on set together. But I don't want this relationship to get in the way of your audition today, okay, Jenna? This is super important, way more impor-"
"Mom I know. I'm gonna do my best and nothing can distract me."I say, putting my hand on hers reassuringly.
She nods, sips her coffee and tells me to go get ready after breakfast.
I head upstairs and pick out an outfit: a plain white v-neck shirt, skinny jeans, booties, and a red flannel tied around my waist. I put my hair in a high side ponytail and put on very light natural makeup.
My mom and I head out the door.
I don't even look at my phone or listen to music the whole ride there. I'm super excited, but also terrified. What if I don't get the part? What if all of my dreams are crushed in a single second? It's up to a few people who will make my life changing decision.
We arrive and I get out of the car. "You okay?" My mom asks me. "Yeah, yeah I'm fine. Just nervous."
"Honey, there's nothing to be worried about! You're gonna go in there, read some lines the best you can, and that's it!"
I take a deep breath and nod. It's not that nerve racking if you really think about it.

I get out of the car and walk into the building. My mom goes to get something to eat.

I walk in and look around- only one girl there. Blond like me, with an upturned nose and large cheekbones. I sit down on the other side of the room and start re-reading my monologue. Then I grab my phone and text Chandler.

To: Chandler Riggs❤️

Hi babe! At the audition. Want to do something after?

From: Jenna
_________

From: Chandler Riggs❤️

Hi sweetie. Good luck at the audition! I know you'll do great. I'd love to do something after. Want to go to the park and have a snack at Bouchonne? 😋😘

To: Jenna

__________

To: Chandler Riggs❤️

Sounds great. Pick me up at the audition? 28301 Rexford Drive.

From: Jenna

__________

From: Chandler Riggs❤️

Yep. See u in a sec. I love you. 😘
_________

I was about to reply when I hear the casting director call "Jenna?"

"Yep, that's me!" I say, raising a hand.

"Come on in!" Says the man.

"Hi, Jenna, I'm Jim. This is the casting crew!" Says the man who is now named. 😂

"Hi, everyone! I'm so glad to be here!"
I say.

Everyone says hi, I stand on the blue line, slate, and do my monologue.

"Great, Jenna. That was awesome. Thanks so much for coming in, we'll be in touch. " says Robert Kirkman.

"Thanks guys. Have a good day!" I say walking out the door.

When I arrive in the waiting room, Chandler is there, talking to the other blond girl. I stand behind the wall and listen to their conversation.

Girl: I'm Brittany, by the way. You're my celebrity crush! *giggle*

Chandler: Haha, hi brittany.

(And can I tell you, this girl has the most annoying voice I've ever heard!🙉)

Brittany: OMG, so are you dating someone?

Chandler: Um, I'd rather not say.

Brittany. I can give you my number if you want.

I then decide to walk into the room and interrupt their conversation.

"How'd you do?" Asks brittany, raising an eyebrow.

"Very well, actually." I say nervously. This girl intimidates me!

Chandler gets up and hugs me. I kiss him. Boy, his lips are soft.

Brittany was dumbfound. Her mouth was wide open.

"You? Chandler? What the hell?" she stumbles.

Chandler laughs. "Um, yeah..."

"Ew!" Brittany squeals, and runs into the bathroom.

Chandler and I exchange looks. Then we crack up.

I call my mom, tell her I'm going with Chandler, and get in his car.

"So the park?" Chandler says before we pull away.

"Yeah! That sounds great!" I say like a little kid.

We head off to the park.