Chapter 8: I know That We're Not The Same

Stanford woke to a small body pressed into his side, sobbing a little and obviously miserable, he ignored the ache in his head and looked down to see a toddler. He was around three or four years old, a head of blonde curls and tears running down his face "Who are you?" Stanford asked. The toddler looked up at him "Its me you dummy!" Bill said, there was no mistaking the golden eyes "Bill!? What happened! Oh my stars look at you!" Ford said, sitting up in bed. 

Bill sniffled "What?"

"You're adorable!" Ford said, picking him up and holding him out.

Bill burst into fresh tears and Stanford frowned "What's the matter bud?"

"I don't know!" Bill cried, Stanford gave a small chuckle and cuddled him close "Oh dear, calm down Bill, its okay" 

Bill clung to him, making Fords sweater damp with tears.

Once Bill had calmed down and fallen asleep in his arms, Stanford got up. He greeted Stanley in the kitchen and smiled tiredly "You're okay! Whose the kid?" Stan asked, pointing to the curly haired toddler in Fords arms.

"Bills had a mishap" Stanford said, 

Stan burst into laughter "That's Bill!? He's such a Smol bean!"

"Smol bean?"

"It means cute and innocent, I've been teaching Grunkle Stan some new words" Mabel said coming in "Oh" Ford said, Bill stirred in his arms and Ford looked down with a smile "Feeling better, my little Smol bean?"

Bill nodded and Mabel awed.

Stanford set him down at the table, "Now, tell me how this happened." 

Bill frowned, eye darting to his tiny hands "Now that my magic is limited, this is my bodies way of diverting power, once my magic has refueled back up it should go back to normal" Bill said.

"How the hell did you use up all your magic!?" Ford asked in shock as Stanley placed some aspirin in front of him and a glass of water "I used some to make you light so I could carry you and some to speed back to the Shack, you were hurt and I was worried" the demon said, tears running down his face "I can't stop crying! Why!?" Bill asked in obvious distress.

Mabel came over and hugged him "Cause you're a baby and babies can't control them" she said kissing his slightly chubby cheek, Bill giggled "Ew!" he said, pushing her away. Stanford took the aspirin with a smile "Goodness me you're adorable" he said with a smirk. Bill crossed his arms "No!"

Stan ruffled Bills hair as he passed "Keep saying no all you like kid, it only makes you cuter"

Bill grumbled.

~

"Just pick one!" Ford said grumpily, they were at Gravity Mall, trying to find Bill some children's clothes. Bill looked at the yellow t-shirt and the blue t-shirt and stamped his foot "I don't know!" Bill said, Ford rubbed his eyes "Whats your favorite colour?"

"Yellow" Bill said

"So?"

Bill huffed "Fine!" the toddler grumped, Bill grabbed the yellow tshirt of the rack and stuffed in the basket Stanford was holding. He put his arms up and Stanford picked him up "Now we just-"

"ICE CREAM! CAN I HAVE SOME!?" Bill asked loudly, an excited look on his face as he spotted the ice cream store, Stanford adjusted him in his arms "Shh, your to young to be talking that loud" he said "WHO FUCKING CA-" Ford covered his mouth as people started staring. Bill glared at him, his voice muffled "No swearing Bill, your going to make me look like a bad parent" Ford hissed, uncovering his mouth