Survivor

France, 2012

3rd Person's POV

       Ice melts; slowly fades away. It melts away to reveal lost or missing things.

       Or in this case; people. 

       When Olivia woke up on the shores of France, she was in pain. She was still an 11 year old girl, she was confused and had no idea what was going on. She tried asking people as she walked through the city, but she couldn't understand anything they said to her. Her injuries' from the 50's were still there and every time she moved she felt pain rush through her body.

       Olivia woke up cold, wet and tired as hell. When dark came, she found herself unable to sleep. She kept thinking about her mother and trying to remember what happened and how she ended up here. About half way through knocking on random doors and trying to figure out where she was, there were red and blue lights following her down the street. She turned and found a young women following her.

       Olivia began to walk faster, trying to get away from the women. She was almost running when the women came out of an alleyway in front of her and not far behind her was a man. Olivia panicked not knowing where to go. If she ran to the street she risked getting hit by a car, but both her other pathways were blocked. 

       Olivia decided to take the chance and run. She quickly ran and dodged a parked car. She hears a voice call out something in English and she turns back slightly to see what it was. She heard the voice call it out again and then a car horn. 

       Before the car could reach her, the women from before grabbed her and pulled her to the sidewalk. "Are you alright sweety?" She asked. 

Olivia's POV

       I woke up in a strange place surrounded by blocks of ice and water. I was soaking wet and freezing cold. "Mom." I called out looking around and trying to spot her. Where am I? How did I get here? What happened? Where's Mom!?

       My head started to spin as I tried to figure out all the questions running through my mind. After a little while of sitting and looking around, I decided to walk around and see if anyone could help answer my questions. Every time I would try and talk to someone though, they'd look at me with concern and say stuff in a language I couldn't understand.

       After a while the sky began to get black and the sun faded away. It was only then I realized how much pain I was actually in. My right shoulder was stiff and throbbing, I couldn't move my left wrist at all as well as barely being able to walk. I kept walking despite the pain, often stopping to knock on the door of a house or shop. 

       Once a few hours had past of me walking through the dark, and I was starting to feel tired. I still had no idea where I was or how I ended up here, but I really needed to figure it out. I sat down on a bench and rested for a while. I could no longer feel my fingers or toes, and my shoulder just got worse with every step. 

       I decided to continue walking and slowly made my way back towards where I assumed I'd come from. I made it about a block before a shadowy figure started following my path. As soon as I made sure the person was actually following me, I picked up my pace and started walking hastily down the streets. 

       The person continued to follow me for a while, then disappeared. I was frightened by the action and my adrenaline started kicking in. I kept looking over my shoulder making sure that no one was following me. A few blocks after the person had stopped, a tall man began following me from behind.