Chapter 2 - Telling Mom

It was a bit later the morning and the clock finally did reach seven.
Maya went out of her room to find her mom drinking coffee.
She took a deel breathe as she knew now was the time to come clean.

"Mom?" Maya said.
"Hey Baby Girl. What's wrong? Why have you been crying?" Katy said as she noticed her daughter's eyes were blood red.
"Mom I messed up," Maya said.
"Sit down Maya. What did you do? Can we fix it?" Katy asked as Maya sat down next to her mother.
"No. We can't fix it," Maya said as she took a deep breathe.

Katy looked at her daughter knowing what she will say but not actually knowing if it is true.

"Maya are you pregnant?" Katy asked and Maya nod.
"Okay. I really thought you wouldn't do what I did," Katy said and looked at Maya.
"I got pregnant with you when I was eighteen. It's okay. I'm not mad. I'll call the school saying you don't want to go in. Do you know who the father is?" Katy asked and Maya nod.
"Good. Listen this isn't as bad as you make it seem. You can survive this," Katy said.
"I don't want to go back," Maya said.
"To school? Maya you only have middle school done with. Don't you want to go ahead? You can't possibly that far," Katy said.
"Test says seven weeks," Maya said.
"Okay that means the baby will be born in May maybe late June. You can push through," Katy said.
"Mom I don't want to go ahead. How am I going to take care of my child if I have to go to school? I want to stay here," Maya said.
"Okay I'll let the school know then. I have to go to work. I'll see you later. Try to get lots of sleep and some food in your system. I love you," Katy said and was gone.

So it was done.
Mom knew and she didn't actually act very weird.
Now for her best friend but she doesn't think she is going to tell her yet.