Chapter 12 - Gender + Name Reveal

Maya looked at her bump which was now kinda big.
Eighteen weeks, she thought.
She was now eighteen weeks.
And even if it was a huge surprise at the beginning she was now excited.
She was more excited because on this day, December 23rd, she and Josh would be finding out the gender to their baby and nothing was going to spoil that for them.
They were going to be finding out the morning and then the afternoon everyone would go to Amy and Alan's place so they could give the big party.
Of course Maya was going to be very nervous about anything no matter what but she did know she felt more comfortable with Josh there.

"So, you guys excited?" the doctor asked as she put gel on Maya's stomach.
"We are," Maya said softly.
"And there is the baby. Do you guys want to know the gender?"
"Yes," Maya said.
"It's a..."

~

The whole house were decorated very nicely for the baby.
Josh shortly looked at Maya to make sure she is okay with her surroundings as he couldn't be more proud of everything going on.
There were a girl filming the whole experience with a camera for Maya's channel and she knew she was going to get a long of mixed reactions in the reveal.

"Okay, guys. Let's see how we are gonna announce this thing," Josh said.
"Probably either with a cake or balloons," Cory said.
"Neither actually. We ate going to do something different. We went and put up clues everywhere in the room. And that is going to decide on it," Maya said.
"Who's the lucky winner who gets to help you?" Riley asked.
"Auggie is," Maya said as the boy came forward.

"Okay, Auggs. Let's see what you can find," Maya said.
"I see an envelope right there," Auggie said and Josh took the envelope off from above the door.
"Good job. Let's see what it says," Josh said as he opened it up.
"M?" Auggie said.
"We are doing a name reveal. And whatever name this spells is the gender. Okay so we have M and that is the baby's middle name. Let's put it here," Maya said as she put the letter up on a board.
"The cupcake has a letter on," Auggie said as he took it off.
"Good job. What are the letters?"
"A and A," Auggie said.
"Okay so that one goes here and the other one is the first name," Josh said.
"Ma. Okay, let's see what we can find next," Auggie said as he saw a letter to a balloon.
"Okay, this is R, I, E," Auggie said.
"Okay, let's see what you can find more," Maya said.
"V, A, L," Auggie said giving the letters to Josh.
"Go into the kitchen," Josh said.
"What are those?" Topanga asked.
"Letters spelling Josh's last name," Maya said as Auggie came out again.
"What did you find?" Josh asked.
"Y, N and N," Auggie said.
"Okay, Gorgeous. Put the letters up then we can show them," Josh said.

"You guys are picking a weird name," Riley said.
"One close to Maya's heart actually," Josh said.
"You guys ready?" Maya asked.
"Yeah," Cory said as Maya turned the board around.

Avalynn Marie Matthews.

"It's a girl?" Amy said and Maya nod.
"Yeah, little Avalynn is a baby girl," Josh said.