Chapter 9 - Good This Time

Maya was busy packing her clothes out into the cupboard when there was a knock on the door.

"Yeah?" Maya said and instantly saw Josh.
"Hey can I talk to you for a second?" Josh asked.
"Sure," Maya said and Josh went inside the room.
"How you feeling?"

Maya smiled at the sight of Josh calmed down and not stressing.
She ran into his arms and threw hers around his body.
She was relieved he wasn't mad.
Now there are a lot of stuff going to happen which she can't control.
Josh smiled as he pulled away looking in Maya's blue eyes.

"Thank you for telling me in person. I appreciate it," Josh said and Maya let out a sigh.
"Of course I would. I wouldn't tell you you're going to be a father over the phone or through your brother. I wanted to tell you," Maya said.
"I'm sorry about how I reacted," Josh said and Maya smile knowing he would do that.
"It's fine. Your reaction was normal," Maya said.
"How are you feeling?" Josh asked and Maya smiles.
"I'm okay. I think the news sunk in a bit since Thursday. I dropped out of high school."
"What?" Josh said as his eyes widened.
"I don't want someone else to raise my child. I'll do a homeschooling program if I have to," Maya said.
"If you have to? What are you doing in the meantime then?" Josh asked and Maya gave him a big smile not knowing if she should tell him.

"Okay. Nobody actually knows but after we met last year I started a YouTube channel."
"What? But that's amazing. Definitely something different," Josh said clearly surprised about this news.
"I've come a long way and I can finally afford some stuff. I know I'm young but I believe I can make something out of my life even if it is from home," Maya said.
"Yeah we'll have to see if you hold up. But I don't see why not. We have to tell the others. We can't keep them in the dark," Josh said and Maya sigh as she went to sit down on the bed.
"I know. I just don't know how," Maya said as Josh sat down next to her.
"Hopefully it will be better than we think. It doesn't have to be spectacular. We just have to tell them," Josh said.
"My friendship with Riley is over after this news," Maya said leaning forward.

"What do you mean?" Josh asked.
"She never actually liked the idea of us. Always told me she is happy you aren't interested in me. I don't know how she is going to handle all of this," Maya said.
"We'll figure it out together. I'm not going to let you take this on by yourself. I'm not your..."
"Yeah you're nothing like my father. Don't be scared of that. We'll cope. I mag not have known how to do it in the past but I do now. And you're a big part of that," Maya said and Josh smiled.
"Yeah? That's interesting that you say that. We'll tell them next week. I have to head to New York anyway so we can do it together," Josh said.