Chapter 3 - Who Is The Father?

It was late the afternoon and Katy got home.
She saw Maya asleep on the couch and closed to door causing her to move.

"Sorry. I didn't want to wake you. I'll arrange everything else with school tomorrow," Katy said and Maya sat up.
"Maya who is the father? I'm sorry for asking but I have to know. Is he..."
"No. He's not an adult. He's seventeen. Joshua Matthews," Maya said.
"You know I'll do whatever I can do protect you but I think you should... Wait Matthews? Is this Mr Matthew's younger brother?" Katy asked.
"Yeah," Maya said and nod.
"Okay how are you going to tell them?" Katy asked.
"I have to tell Josh first. How am I doing that?" Maya asked.
"What do you mean? Doesn't he live nearby?" Katy asked.
"Pennsylvania," Maya said.
"Try to arrange it with the guy's parents. If that is what you want to do then I'll pay for it. No problem," Katy said.
"Mrs Matthews won't accept any payment. She'll let me stay there. I'll call her later," Maya said.
"Have you eaten anything today?" Katy asked.
"I did warm up soup for lunch," Maya said.
"Soup isn't food Maya. Okay. What if I make us something?" Katy asked.
"Sure. But I have to make a phone call," Maya said and went to her room.

She looked through her phone for Amy's number and found it.
She pressed on the name and immediately it rang.

"Maya. Hello Dear. How are you?" Amy asked.
"I'm good thank you. Listen is there any chance I can come through the weekend? I have something I need to tell Josh and you guys," Maya said.
"You can come through on Saturday. How long will the visit be?"
"Depending on how Josh takes the news," Maya said.
"How late will we expect you?" Amy asked.
"Let's say nine," Maya said.
"See you then."