three | fur

"So let's start with your name, age, and where you're from."

"My name is Winter, like the season. I'm twenty-one and I'm from Queens." Winter said directly to the camera.

She was recording her Doll House introduction where Hodges asked her a series of questions beside the camera while she sat on the infamous white leather chair with a white fur throw. She felt right with the camera on her and she hoped that it showed so that she could impress Hodges.

"Everyone's going to want to know, so I'll ask." Hodges sat back in the directors chair. "Is that your real red hair?"

Winter threw her head back and laughed, running her fingers through her hair when it seemed appropriate.

"You'll have to find out." She said into the camera.

"Good answer." Hodges chuckled. "So tell us your Doll House journey. How did you get here?"

Winter perked up at the question, giving the camera full focus of her body.

"Well I've been a fan for a couple of years so when I saw that there was an open call I DM'd you all and I was lucky enough to have you answer me within twenty four hours." She smiled at Hodges. "Then some amateur shots of me were posted to the voting page and the fans seemed to love me."

"Why did they love you?"

She pointed to herself, "You can't tell?"

Hodges laughed and nodded, "I can, but tell everyone why they should love you."

"Because I'm down to do literally anything. Even if it hurts." She winked. "I have a high tolerance for pain."

"So you're a-freak?"

"Exactly!" Winter embraced what she knew would be her permanent Doll House image and identity. "And if you love freaky stuff then you'll love me."

"Good to know." Hodges leaned forward. "So what're we about to see?"

"You're about to see how freaky I can be all on my own." Winter snaked her fingers slowly up her black bralette then smirked.

The red dot on the camera switched off and Hodges stood up to approach her.

"You're a natural. Good job."

"I'm glad you think so," she paused, "because my boyfriend is gonna lecture me when this is released." She stood up too so that the crew could set up for her solo scene next.

"Boyfriend?" Hodges sighed. "That always complicates things."

"He plans on coming around often so he'll get use to it." She shrugged.

It was a complete lie. But if Oliver planned on helping her for the next few months than she would have to lie about him. It was better than the truth which would put her in a compromising position at Doll House. She just wanted to succeed without the negative light cast upon her, tainting what would be her brand.

"Take fifteen then we'll record your scene." Hodges instructed. "Candy," he said as she passed the set, "can you bring Winter to the lounge for lunch."

"Sure." She waved for Winter to follow her to the lounge where a sushi assortment was set up while some renovation show played on HGTV on the flat screen across the room.

The  other dolls were seated around the white table so Winter paused right at the door.

"If this is more hazing shit then I'm leaving."

Chanel looked up from her plate then laughed and shook her head.

"No, that comes when you least expect it. Right Hazel?"

Hazel scoffed, "She's joking-sort of..."

"Ivy and Cecelia started that tradition of initiation with me." Candy recalled, grabbing a bottle of Aloe juice.

"Cecelia? The original doll who-"

"Yes," Ivy confirmed before Winter could finish. "Her."

"What happened to her? I mean I know she left after the Sweet Tooth reveal but-" Winter didn't finish her thought and she didn't have to because judging by the tone of the room, she had asked a relevant though complicated question.

"She left." Chanel shrugged. "Conveniently at the same time that Dax left Rebel Room."

"Chanel stop, we don't know anything for sure." Ivy said.

"It's a tender subject. Cecelia had her own shit to deal with while here." Hazel said almost as an effort to shut down the conversation and Winter caught the hint because she nodded quickly.

"I get it. We all have our issues." The very thought triggered Winter's mind to the start of her own problems that could've prevented her from being here in the first place.

"All?" Ivy smirked, pointing a chopstick at Winter. "What're your issues new girl?"

"Ivy, don't pry."

"Who's prying? Winter can choose to answer or not to answer."

Ivy was challenging her and she knew it. It was a game that she'd played most of her life so she wasn't fazed.

"I don't mind answering." Winter nodded. "I got into an accident last year and it threw me into a state of depression. Then I started to experiment sexually which became an issue because it was the only thing that made me happy." Winter shrugged. "In some way it still is. Sex is a great distraction and it's the only thing that makes me feel-good."

The room was quiet for a moment until Candy sputtered out a laugh followed by the other girls.

"If being obsessed with sex is an issue then check me into Bellevue."

"It's only an issue if it's diagnosed as one." Chanel stated then looked at Winter. "In your case, you probably just needed the endorphins."

Winter let out a quiet sigh of relief, glad that they'd bought her half assed story.

"Am I off the hook now?"

"From us, yes." Ivy circled the table to stand in front of Winter. "But from your boyfriend..."

"Boyfriend?!"  Hazel exclaimed. "No way Winter that's a rookie mistake."

"Well it's not a secret." Winter said quickly but wanted to curse Ivy out. How did she know that? Had she heard Winter only minutes before? "I have a boyfriend and he hates that I'm at Doll House but he's helpful with-well, he tries-uh so-"

"So, it's none of our business." Chanel said matter-of-factly. "Right?" She looked around the room.

"Yeah, you're a doll now so we can talk if you need to." Candy assured.

All the girls looked at Ivy and for the first time, Winter didn't feel under a judgemental spotlight. It had been switched to the bad girl who slowly smiled and crossed her arms over her chest.

"I think you're crazy for this boyfriend thing." She looked right into Winter's eyes. "But you're a doll now so you'll have to figure it out."

That must've been Ivy's way of showing an inkling of support so Winter took it. A heavy weight lifted since she felt a bit more comfortable opening up.

"Maybe in honor of you joining we should throw a party at the apartment." Candy suggested.

"Like Dolled Up?!" Winter asked excitedly. She'd longed to go to a Dolled Up party since she first heard of it two years ago.

"Slow down Winter, that passed."

"Well, I'm down for a party."

"Invite your boyfriend." Hazel suggested. Winter looked over at her and smiled.

"Maybe I will. He'll hate it but I like any chance to prove people wrong." She looked right at Ivy who cocked her head.

"Winter." Hodges poked his head in. "We're ready when you are."

She nodded then left the lounge with a level of confidence that she was surprised with. She was gradually working her way into the dolls good graces and it felt amazing. It was starting to feel like home.