eleven | rosé

Oliver came over the next day in the early afternoon to bless Winter with a caramel iced coffee before they started their usual candid meeting.

In a rare occasion, the penthouse was empty because all of the dolls had prior obligations. Therefore, she and Oliver could speak without reservations until she was ready to go live with Ellis at three o'clock.

"So remind me why you won't just tell these girls that you're recovering from an addiction as a result of the accident?"

"Doll House is a huge platform Oliver. If I tell those girls then I'm basically telling the entire world. That makes me look unstable and weak."

Oliver chuckled and shook his head. "Weak? Winter this isn't The Bad Girls Club. Everyone seems pretty reasonable."

"You haven't met everyone."

He shrugged but leaned forward to lower his voice. "Aside from that, how have you been feeling lately?"

"Good, I'm not feeling too much pressure." She sipped her coffee. "Well, except today. I'm doing my first live."

"Oh, isn't that a big deal here?"

"It's huge and get this, I'm going live with the drunk guy I put in my bed the other night." She and Oliver laughed in tandem.

"So you actually like him?"

"Not as much as I like you." She pinched Oliver's cheek. "My lovely boyfriend."

"Well if you like him then you better break up with me soon." Oliver pointed a finger. "And while you're at it, tell the rest of them that I'm just your mentor. I think I might have a chance with Chanel if you confess."

Winter rolled her eyes. Leave it to Oliver to have a moral conscious despite her telling him the reason that made the truth difficult. She hated lying just as much as he hated her lie, but she was serious about Doll House so she had to follow through for the time being.

Just then, the front door of the penthouse shut with an audible click and Ellis came into view, approaching the two of them in the kitchen.

"Am I too early?" He asked, shrugging off his jacket regardless of the answer.

"Oh uh, no Oliver was just leaving." Winter said looking right at her mentor with dilated eyes.

"I sure was." He tossed his empty coffee cup then rose off of the stool and turned to Ellis. "Take care of my-my girl." Oliver sputtered then held out a fist to knuckle bump Ellis who gave him a twisted expression.

"I will." Ellis nodded.

Winter silently cringed at Oliver's "effort" to be convincing.

"Cool uh, Winter don't forget about Saturday." Oliver reminded then gave a wave as he walked away.

Ellis followed Oliver with his eyes until the front door closed. He then looked back at Winter with a smirk.

"Saturday?"

Saturday's were for formal meetings and check ins. Though her situation hadn't been severe, she insisted on attending because the discussion kept her grounded and also allowed her the opportunity to admit that she was still a work in progress. These were also the only meetings that Hodges knew about.

"Date night. Anyway, let's go into the recording room."

"Adorable." Ellis followed her across the living room. "So he's not in the industry?" He asked, pointing over his shoulder as if Oliver was still there.

"Nope."

"Then how did you two-"

"Penetration!" Winter interrupted loudly. It was the only way to cut off what would be an awkward response to an awkward question.