ten | diva

"Glad you finally showed up." Hodges said to Ivy as she stepped onto the set after getting her eyeshadow touched up.

"Not now boss." She rolled her eyes then glanced over her shoulder to see Zane who stood behind the counter, loosening his apron a bit so that it could be removed easily.

He hadn't said a word to Ivy since their dressing room fiasco and she couldn't understand why. Even when she tried to compliment him on the bakery theme idea that they were about to execute, he just gave her a tight smile and found a reason to walk away.

"So our resident diva," Hodges announced sarcastically with a wink that made Ivy scoff, "-and Zane have decided on a bakery theme. There's no dialogue for this promo so let's get a variety of shots then we'll record the full scene tomorrow."

Ivy grabbed the wooden spoon in the mixing bowl as Zane stepped out of frame to enter shortly. A couple of days ago, they'd vaguely discussed what they wanted the scene to look like. However, he had made it clear that he trusted her as a professional and knew she would make the scene come to life. Now she wasn't so sure he felt the same. She wasn't even sure if she could do this with Zane ignoring her.

"I need quiet in the back. Cue music. And we're rolling."

Ivy started to stir the contents in the bowl as Zane walked slowly into frame and peered over her shoulder. They smiled at each other before he dipped his finger in and held it up to her glossed lips. It was a simple sugar mix that was supposed to look like jam and as she licked it from his finger, she was reminded of how sweet and intense their sex had been. How that same finger had entered her when the cameras weren't rolling.

Their eyes met when she finished sucking and Zane slowly turned her body so that he could kiss her neck. She elongated her neck and bit her lip then wrapped her arms around his neck to grant him access to her body.

"Cut." Hodges called.

Zane shot his head up to acknowledge the boss while Ivy stared only at Zane. She liked having him this close to her because it reminded her of a time when she could be herself. This moment was supposed to be important for both of them but he looked like he wanted nothing to do with her.

"Lets get some shots of you two on the counter. Get her up there, remove the apron, then crawl to the yellow mark. Ivy, you should be shuffling back."

When filming started back up, Zane wasted no time following the directions given. Ivy felt the cold counter on her ass as Zane tossed the apron aside and crawled on top, caressing her body and stealing kisses along the way.

"You're much more gentle than before." Ivy whispered and smiled.

"What point are you trying to make?" He said close to her ear as he planted another kiss on her neck while gripping her panties tight into his fist.

"Do we have an issue?" She wrapped her legs around him as he teased her nipples outside of the apron with his left hand and faked a smirk down at her.

"Get on top of me." He said, giving her panties another tug.

She complied and rolled over slowly, placing both legs on either side of him. She reached for one of the pastries then arched her back so that their lips were only an inch apart.

"Open up asshole." She winked and placed the pastry at his lips. He sat up on his elbows, bit into it, then ran his fingers through his hair. That gesture was Ivy's newest weakness. The perfect mix of sex and rebel.

"Cut! That was good." Hodges clapped his hands together. "What were you two talking about?"

Ivy looked down at Zane who turned away from her.

"Uh,-"

"Absolutely nothing." Zane sat all the way up so that Ivy would get up and then he scooted off of the counter. "Are we all set?"

Hodges narrowed his eyes but gave Zane a tight smile and nodded.

"We're all set for today. Victor was right, you don't disappoint. I guess it helps that you and Ivy know each other."

"Does it help?" Ivy asked, crossing her arms.

Zane didn't pay her comment any mind as he picked up the apron and walked off of the set. She jumped off of the counter and jogged over to catch up to him.

"Zane, what the hell is wrong?"

"Nothing. We did what we needed to do and that's it."

"You know that's not what I mean. After we had sex you just switched up on me." She touched his arm to stop him right outside of the lounge.

"Ivy, that was clearly a mistake."

"The sex was a mistake?" Ivy furrowed her brows. "I-I didn't think it was a mistake."

"You did though. Since you called it a performance." Zane said matter of factly.

Ivy thought back to the dressing room then shook her head. "I was joking when I said that. Like back when we use to-."

"Here we go." Zane rolled his eyes. "This isn't 'back when we use to'." He mocked. "This is the present. We're different people and I need you to realize that."

The two of them were silent for a minute as Ivy tried to make sense of the words. Had she really projected everything from their past onto this revived friendship? She didn't mean to but everything from three years ago had meant so much to her. Zane entering back into her life was supposed to be a positive thing. Did he not feel the same? Had sex ruined that?

"What're you saying Zane?"

He sighed and took a step toward Ivy. His features softened and his voice lowered.

"I'm glad we're getting the opportunity to do a scene together Ivy. Let's just focus on that."

Ivy wanted to respond but she didn't have the words readily available to express how she felt. Her eyes lowered but she fought the urge to cry because she knew that if a single tear fell, there would be no one there to consol her.