twelve | happy

Ivy was tired of hearing the phone vibrate on her nightstand. Yeah, it was a bit later in the day but she just wanted to lay in bed and think about Zane in peace.

He hadn't responded to any of her texts or calls. Not even the ones that confirmed their scene that was supposed to happen today which he had postponed already due to "unforeseen circumstances." There was nothing unforeseen happening with him at all, he just didn't want to be bothered with her.

But clearly, pondering about Zane wouldn't be possible so she was forced to reach over and check her phone.

10 missed calls? 6 texts? From her of all people? Was there an emergency? Should Ivy be concerned?

Ivy quickly stood up and called back, pleased that there was an answer after the first ring.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

"Finally! No one's answering their phone. Is everyone working right now?" Cecelia asked on the other end.

"No. Actually, I don't know. I've been in bed all morning." Ivy checked the time. "Are you okay Cece? Why did you call me ten times?"

"My exit wasn't as clean as I thought. I left a box of shit in the library closet and I didn't wanna come up and invade the penthouse. Could you bring it down please?"

"When?"

"Well, now. I'm actually outside."

"Seriously Cece." Ivy groaned, slidding her feet into a pair of sneakers.

"I know, I'm sorry but that's all I need then I promise I won't bother anyone again." She pleaded.

"Give me five minutes."

"Thank you!"

Ivy placed her phone in her pocket and sighed as a means of preparing herself. It's not that she didn't want to see Cece, she actually missed her a lot. The issue was that Ivy had blood on her hands and it started the day that Cecelia had left Hodges' office after getting reprimanded for acting out during the initial Sweet Tooth meeting with Dax.
                                         • • • • • •
..."Dax Cole." Ivy had said, as she'd met Cecelia at the bottom of the stairs of Hodges' office. "Nice catch."

"You know him?" Cecelia asked.

"Do I? We did some nasty shit together when he first started at Rebel." Ivy recalled that very first fan video. "I popped his fan cherry."

"That doesn't surprise me."

Though Ivy had caught the sarcasm she didn't understand how it surprised Cece. Afterall, she'd told Cece briefly about an encounter with Dax when they'd moved into the Doll House.

"He's the 'It boy' of porn. You're one lucky bitch."

"Are we talking about the same guy?"

"Well the only way we'll know if it's the same guy is if you take a picture of his dick and send it to me."

"That's the only way Ivy?"

"Yes, I'd recognize that beautiful cock anywhere." Ivy winked.

"I'll see what I can do."

"You're my favorite." Ivy had said before continuing up the stairs to Hodges' office.

But before she knocked, she looked down as Cece walked away and her mind started to stir. Dax hadn't checked up on her in years, even when she'd confessed that she loved him. She wasn't ready to confront him in this setting even if she wasn't personally working with him. The wounds were still relatively fresh for her. She didn't want him around more frequently now that the Sweet Tooth deal was official.