phobia - cscoop

song: phobia - savannah sgro
where ella has some worries.
ella x cooper
she/her pronouns
———

cooper stumbled out of bed and to his phone that was sitting on his desk beside his setup.
'who the hell is calling me at-' he looked at his alarm clock, squinting his eyes as he did so. '- at 5:27am on a saturday.'
his eyes strained as they turned to lay on the bright phone screen that was displaying "dork <3" along it.
he picked up the phone without hesitation.

"el? it's five thirty in the morni-"

"coopie" her voice broke as she said his name, which broke coopers heart into so many little pieces.
suddenly, he wasn't sleepy anymore.

if i had one phobia

"ella?! what's wrong?! do you need me to come over?"
cooper began to rush around his room, picking up the first clothes he saw and putting them on in a hurry.
she mumbled a 'mhm' and began to cry some more.

- time skip because idk what to write here -

cooper rushed inside of her apartment and to her room. he threw open the door to the sight of her sitting on the bed, shaking and crying. it broke his heart to see her like this. he said nothing and walked over to her bed, sitting down and hugging her immediately.

it would be losing ya

"shh, shh it's okay" cooper said as he stroked her hair in attempt to comfort her. you took his hand and turned to face him.

theres a lot of things that i ain't afraid of

"cooper i- i had a bad dream.. i'm- i'm scared" she said between breaths. cooper gave her a sympathetic yet reassuring smile.

"oh el.. it was just a dream, there's nothing to worry about." he stroked his thumb along the back of her palm.

only fear i have is one day you'll wake up

"please coopie" there was that damn nickname that always got cooper right in the feels, "please i'm so scared."

"tell me about it, i can help."

and you'll get sick of me

"you- you came over and- and said that we we're finished and it- it felt so real" she began to sob again, at this point it was out of her control.

and i wont be what you need

"baby no!! i would never do that and you know that" he pulled her into a tight hug and began to cry himself.

i can already see my heart breaking

"it's still scary coopie, what if- what if you did and what if you didnt want me anymore? what if you change your mind!"

you're changing

cooper lifted his head and kissed her on her forehead before placing his head on top of hers.
"ella i'm afraid you'll grow out of me! not that i'll grow out of you, because i could never." she slightly nodded into his shoulder, closing her eyes as she felt sleepy.

cooper moved her gently to lay her down in her bed, tucking her into the covers before slipping in himself.

"goodnight el, i love you."

i'm afraid you'll grow out of me.

———