lockdown - cscoop

i put a twist on your plot, hope you like! Jschlong

song: wander by keegan deWitt
where y/n and cooper are stuck in lockdown
cooper x y/n
pronouns: she/her
y/h/c = your home country (if ur from america just pick a country)
———

watching the news was what scared me the most right now, seeing all of the updates on this whole world wide pandemic in live time terrified me. there was around 50 cases of coronavirus in the US right now but it was rising and rising fast.

i had just flown out to california from y/h/c and was visiting my best friend, cooper, at the time and i was currently sitting in his room doing everything and anything to avoid watching the news or reading articles about the virus online.

"hey, y/n" cooper said as he walked into his room, mouth full of cereal and a bowl in hand. "they're saying that there's high risk of a total lockdown, which means you'd have to stay in california for a good bit." my eyes widened and i quickly stood up from sitting on coopers bed and began to panic.

this can't happen- i can't be stuck in california! what about my family? my mum will be so worried and my dad- well i don't know he left to go get milk 13 years ago- but my mum and my brother will be so worried and scared and-

i was cut off by the sound of a bowl being placed on a desk followed by the warm embrace of cooper.
"i was thinking out loud wasn't i?" i said into his shoulder to which he nodded.
"sh, it's okay stop panicking y/n, it'll be okay it wont be for long anyway, just a week or two, if that." we stood there for a few minutes, him letting me calm down in his arms while i silently wish he doesn't pull away any time soon and see the newly formed bright pink tint to my face.

you see, i've had the biggest most high school girl crush on cooper for as long as i can remember, and never once have those feelings went away. not even when he's had girlfriends in the past.

he pulled away and studied my face for a second making sure that i had calmed down. he laughed. "your face has gone all red from panicking too much." he walked back over to his cereal and began eating it once again. "plus it's not as if you're stuck with random strangers, you get to spend lockdown with your favourite person." i laughed and sat back down on his bed while he stood there chewing away on his breakfast. "yes you're right, i do get to spend lockdown with carson!"

time skip

"y/n! cooper!" noah calls from the bottom of the stairs, "carson, travis and i are going shopping before this coronavirus thing gets out of hand, wanna come?" i looked at cooper and he looked at me, as if we were magic and somehow telepathically agreed with each other, cooper shouted back.
"nah, we're just gonna stay here and chill."
"alright." soon the front door shut and a car, presumably an uber since none of those boys could drive, drove off it was just cooper and i alone.

"so, y/n, whatcha wanna do?" he asked as he sat down at his desk and spun in his chair to look at me.
"i dont know, watch movies?" i said while putting my phone on charge and sitting it on his bedside table.
"sounds good to me." he got up and came and joined me on the bed before switching on netflix and going to the film section.

"so what movie? i'm thinking a romance or a horror." he said, looking over at me with a grin on his face.

"two completely different ends of the spectrum coop, but what else could i expect from you." i replied with the same grin as he had but only more sarcastic.

"fine damn. you're no fun." he pouted and faced back to the tv.

"i didn't say we couldn't watch one of them i was merely commenting on the fact that you sir, are dumb."

"bullshit! i'm smart as fuck boy" he said, dragging out the 'y'.

"yeah okay whatever you say." i faced the tv just as he did a few seconds ago and watched him scroll through the romance genre. "oooh go put on that one!" i said, pointing at a random movie on the screen that looked good.

"all the bright places?" he said, not exactly knowing where i'm pointing.

"yes yes yes!"

"alright, whatever you wish ma'am."

time skip

play the music now

a little of the way through the movie it began playing a montage of the main protagonists relationship and it quickly reminded me of me and coopers friendship. all the memories of us together. us wandering through the woods and coming across a similar tree to the movie where people threw their shoes onto the branches something that we also did, the dancing alone in a field on a summer evening at sunset while his car radio blasts all our favourite music, meeting and hanging out together with our now mutual friends and the days spent swimming in the secluded river by our hometown.

remembering all of these things made me look over to him just to see that he was looking at me. the upbeat instrumental music intensifying in the background as the movie continues to play making the mood all a little more romantic than platonic. there was this connection in the air that neither i nor him could ignore.

the sun had just begun to set and the yellow rays, now turned an orangey red colour mixed with the purple and pink of the sky had made its way through the window, illuminating cooper and all his facial features to stand out more and leave this amazing glow on his skin that only made me wanna kiss him more.

this was something that would happen in the exact type of movie that we just happened to be watching. and as the music intensified even more in the background cooper cupped my face in one fast movement and connected our lips together. it was absolutely magical. something that my high school girl crushed self had been waiting for forever, this picture perfect moment where cooper and i were laid there on his bed, in his bedroom, kissing. the music in the quickly intensifying in background only added more to the feel of the atmosphere as we made out, causing us to pick up our pace. it felt as if we were actually in a netflix original romance movie and neither of us were wishing to part. we continued for the better part of a minute before it became hard for us to breathe so we pulled apart, and just stared into each others eyes for a few seconds.

"wow." he said as he looked into my eyes, hands still cupped to my cheeks and our faces just inches apart. i could feel his hot breath on my face as we just sat there, staring at each other as the music began to slowly fade away.

"wow" i said as a smile began to form on my face. "if this is what lockdown will be like every day, sign me up." he laughed. god how i love that laugh. god how i love those lips which were once more connected onto mine.

———

i very highly recommend watching all the bright places it is an amazing movie with great cinematography & plot! <3