be more chill - ted nivison

requested by @AlexJade14

song: a guy that i'd kinda be into
where ted & y/n are soulmates.
y/n x ted
she/her pronouns
———

quick a/n before this story begins because it's too important to be at the end of the story. so i've made a few cooper oneshots now & dw i will still continue to make more! but theres one thing i can't do. cooper is normally associated with skating, drinking and smoking weed right and that's all fine because he's legal & shit but i'm not comfortable with that at all, like i mentioned in '420' that i'm straight edge like carson and i don't understand things like drinking or smoking week because i've never done them and the thought of doing them makes me sick. so i'll be excluding drinking or weed in my one shots so please don't request anything of the sort! '420' was an exception because it was 4/20 and i couldn't not do it, but it won't happen again, sorry lads <3
this wont include parties tho! you can still request things like meeting at a party because you can go to parties & not drink or smoke so i'm fine with that stuff!

———

i was walking through the halls of my school as i was felt an arm drape over my shoulder pulling me into a side hug as we walked and i immediately knew it was my best friend.

"what up y/n/n" he said as i turned to face him.

"hey noah, how was your last class?" he said with a smile as he let his arm drop back to his side

"it was so funny! me, carson, cooper and schlatt are partners for the history assignment and we spent the whole time just fucking around instead of actually doing the work." he laughed which caused me to laugh in return. i didn't know a lot of his friends but i knew some. i knew carson, cooper and travis because he lives with them and i tend to go over to their house often, pretty much everyday actually. i unofficially live there.

i've also dated cooper but we wont get into that.

i also knew schlatt, charlie and ted as they were all in a youtube group called 'lunch club' and i would sometimes edit or film their videos for them, often both! men are hopeless like that, can't even film or edit their own videos. (this is a joke, sorry if ur male)

"y/n?" noah said as he tapped my shoulder repeatedly. i mumbled a 'hm?' in response. "you spaced out, you good?" i nodded and his concerned look vanished into a comforting smile.

"so, we're 18 tomorrow." i said as he let out a loud breath from his nose in response. "we get to hear our song, are you excited?"

that's something that me and noah really bonded over when we were children the fact that we shared the same birthday. somehow it sprouted into spending every day together.

"hell yeah! i really hope i get someone good y'know?" he said as he ran his hand over a bush on the sidewalk (? did i get that right americans?) by now we were out of school and on our way to his house to hang out.

"i just hope i get someone." i looked down at the ground. that was a thing: unrequited soulmates. it's like unrequited love, but instead of just a random partner that you've gotten to love, it is the person you're destined to be with but who is destined for another. it's pretty common, 4% of the population experience it, which doesn't seem like a lot but that's the same percentage of people in the world who have freckles.