coffee house boy - hugbox

y/n x noah
she/her pronouns
———

i was awoken by the sound of my alarm and as i shut it off i checked the time. 9:30am. i sighed before getting out of bed and heading for a shower.

———

i stepped out the shower and began towel drying my h/l h/c hair (sorry if you have curly hair like i do, i know we can't towel dry it but it fits with the story) as i walked into my room to pick out my outfit for the day. i decided on a plain white turtle neck shirt with a red plait skirt and my favourite grey zipper that i've had for one too many years. i walked back into the bathroom to tidy up and looked in the mirror.

damn i needed a cup of coffee or something caffeinated, i deadass looked like i was a walking zombie, yet the HOTTEST zombie ever because self love is important. i quickly added some light makeup: filling in my eyebrows lightly to make them match my hair, some eyeliner and mascara and finally some lipgloss. i finished tidying the bathroom and headed to the kitchen.

i looked through my cupboards in my small apartment kitchen for some sort of coffee mix but i hadn't found any yet so i think my roommate, Heather had finished it this morning before she headed to college because there was definitely some yesterday. i checked the bin and sure enough there was the empty jar. i sighed before closing the bin and thinking of an alternative.

"i could always drink some monster or red bull?" i said to no-one in particular as i leaned against the countertop. no, no they're unhealthy and bad for my teeth.
"oh wait shit- a café! how stupid of you y/n." i chuckled to myself as i stood up and walked over to the table beside the door as i picked up my earphones and my keys, leaving the apartment and locking up behind me.

i put my earphones in and played my favourite playlist, immediately lighting up when "beachboy" by mccafferty began playing. i started walking towards my favourite coffee house that was a few blocks away.

"i swear to fucking god chris, i'll turn this fucking car around- SHut the fUck uP." i whisper-yelled to myself.

———

i walked into the shop and the little bell above the door indicated to the employees that someone had entered. it was small and retro-like, something that you would read about in books. it was a mix between a bookstore and café with faux plants everywhere, really giving to the feel of the atmosphere. it wasn't busy, yet it wasn't crowded either. i walked up to the counter and ordered a latte to sit in and a cake that looked pretty appealing. the lady who took my order told me to go sit down somewhere and it would be brought over to me. i thanked her and paid before walking off to find somewhere to sit.

i looked around and smiled, finding that my favourite seat was available. i walked over and sat down. it was a small booth that could fit no more than two people, one at either side of the small wooden table that sat in between the seats. i turned around behind me and scanned the books, looking for one to read while i drank my beverage. as i browsed i saw a book that i couldn't pass up reading: little women. sure i had read it at least a million times but who's one more going to hurt? certainly not me.

i picked it out of the shelf and turned back around just in time to see the kind lady from earlier walking over with my latte and cake, i smiled and thanked her as she sat it down on the table in-front of me. i opened the book, taking a sip of my latte and closing my eyes at the taste, this café really did know how to make good coffee. i opened my eyes again and placed my cup down on the coaster again before starting to read the book in front of me.