⇒ chapter one

KARASUNO HIGH SCHOOLwas a known school for volleyball

was a known school for volleyball. The flightless crows, some would say. Personally, Shiori had no idea why her sister had been interested in attending in the first place. It was a random choice that drove her curiosity to no end. She was determined to find out, and she would.... When she got out the front door of her house.

"Damn it, I'm late! Bye mommy!"

"Language!" Her mother scowled, calling after her.

"Love you!" She replied, running out of the Kawamoto household and towards the school. Thankfully, she didn't live far away from the school. Although this wasn't useful to her either way since she was fifteen minutes late.

'Damn, that girl! She could've at least woken me up,' the ravenette cursed her older sister out and ran quickly until she finally reached the high school, making a dash to the gymnasium.

When she finally arrived, she spotted a tall black-haired guy and a short redhead who seemed to be screaming up at him like a chihuahua. She furrowed her eyebrows and walked up to them, gaining both of their attentions.

"Hi! Is this the where the boys volleyball practice takes place?" She asked, smiling politely, causing them to widen their eyes and blush lightly.

"Y-yes!" Answered the shorter one, while the other boy stared at her in shock.

"Thank you!" She bowed and then knocked at the door lightly before sliding the door open. "Hi?"

Three males looked at her and reacted the same way as the other two boys. Her eyes scanned them over and they widened as she saw a familiar face.

'Sugawara, Koushi?' she thought to herself, looking up at the silver-haired third year.

It had been a while since she last saw him. He went to the same middle school as her and she had a huge CFA (crush from afar) on him. She always admired him and found him in every way, attractive. She always went to watch him during the girls and boys combined volleyball practices. Though in that time, she was a different person. In order to not draw attention to herself like her sister wanted, she cut her hair and wore fake glasses. She barley talked and was considered strange. Hanae never questioned it or cared, it was convenient to her. Her crush soon ended after he went off to high school, and she had forgotten about his existence. Well, until now. Her dark blue eyes continued to stare up at him in wonder, her long black eyelashes tickling the bottom of her eyebrows. The other two boys looked at each other and cleared their throats to snap them back into the moment. Shiori frantically shook her head and moved her gaze onto the captain of the team.

"Hi! I'm Kawamoto Shiori!"

She bowed and reached out into her bag, pulling out a copy of the form she had filled out in order to join the club.

"I've applied for the position as dietitian and nurse. I've been in contact with Shimizu-Senpai about it, I'm sorry if my visit is a bit disrupt," Shiori apologized, looking up only to see one of the boys fawning and blushing.