⇒ chapter sixteen

IN THE BLINKof an eye, training camp was now taking place

IN THE BLINK
of an eye, training camp was now taking place. Thanks to the team's efforts, Asahi and Nishinoya rejoined the Karasuno boys volleyball club with open hearts and big smiles. Unfortunately for Shiori, she was unable to be present due to period pains and sickness, but a certain somebody made sure that she did not miss a single event by texting her at every opportunity he could.

Now, the whole team was eating dinner that was prepared specially by Shimizu and Kawamoto, who both of which got to know each other much better and bond since after all, Shiori would be staying at the third year's house until the camp was over. Truthfully, the younger ravenette had no interest in staying in a place with only boys and Kiyoko had come to her rescue. Now, the dietician could only agree with Tanaka and Nishinoya that the older girl really was an angel.

The volleyball team clapped their hands together excitedly, happy to finally have something to eat. And not just anything, but food cooked from the hands of the lovely girls in the club.

"Thank you for the food!"

The girl was seated in between Yamaguchi and Tsukishima, who were both particularly slow eaters so conversation soon started. The three talked and laughed, making fun of their love-struck senpais who overate thanks to their adoration for the two girls.

"So, Shiori-chan," Tsukishima started, saying her name in a somewhat mocking tone. "What's up with you and our dearest Sugawara-san?"

The fifteen year old girl choked on her food at his questioning, flushing red and quickly looking around to see if anybody had heard only to find everyone minding their own buisness or talking to others.

"Tsukishima-kun," she replied as sweetly as she could, trying to mask any hint of anger. "I would really really, and I mean really appreciate it if you didn't say stuff like that when other people are around. But if I must answer your question, nothing is up. I'm just his cute little kouhai."

Tsukishima looked back at the table behind him where most of the club members were seated and let out a long hum.

"That's debatable taking into consideration the fact that he is currently staring at you like Daichi isn't even talking to him."

On instinct, the girl looked back at the table and her starry blue eyes met his golden brown ones for a split second before he immediately looked away, cheeks pink.

The girl rotated her head back to it's normal position and rolled her eyes, a bit flustered by the sudden eye contact.

"Your point?" She grumbled, stuffing her face with curry and rice right after.

Kei cringed at her messy eating and flicked her forehead.

"My point is that chances are he likes you," he told her, giving her a look that demostrated that it was obvious.

"That's the thing, just chances. It's not confirmed," Shiori reasoned, looking away as she swallowed the small amount of food that had been left on her plate.