Chapter 2: Becoming an Adventurer

Y/N's POV:

Me: "And, I'm lost... Where even am I?"

I look around and see a long range of houses spanning for what seemed like miles. Yeah... I think I'll need a guide or something. I started heading over to a group of what seemed to be adventurers.

Me: "Excuse me, can any of you point me in the directions of the adventurers guild? I'm completely lost and have no idea where I am." Hopefully they can help me...

Adventurer: "Ah, no problem! Just start heading over to..."

(Timeskip brought to you by Eris padding... I mean, the Goddess Eris Chibi Version)

Finally, I found it! But wow, this is actually a really nice place for an adventurers guild

Finally, I found it! But wow, this is actually a really nice place for an adventurers guild. And I'm surprised it's still standing if this world is ruled by a Demon King.

I started heading for the doors and as soon  as the door was slightly open... all eyes were on me.

Me: "I would like it if you don't stare at me so much, it's unpleasant."

After that was said, the guild became kind of tense, there being no room to breathe and some other newbies had their breathing to start to hitch. Although...

Adventurers: "Gahahahahaha..."

While there was a booming laughter of some of the adventurers, one of the other adventurers walked up to me.

Adventurer: "So I take it you are here to sign up? You'll be perfect for this, you're attitude to this might be one of the best. Well, just make sure you don't die... Also, the names Zeke, see ya some other time."

As he said that, he walked back to where he was sat and kept drinking his... beer? I'll have to see if I can get some of that, been years since I've had a sip of something alcoholic. Nevermind that, where is the receptionist? I scanned my eyes around the guild and saw an area where some adventurers were hanging around at... that may be it.

I headed over to them and I was right, there are a few women behind counters seemingly ready to do what they do. I saw that the only available one was with a blonde woman... with a huge personality.

Me: "Hello, My names Y/N and I would like to sign up as an adventurer, that is if I'm at the right place cause I'm kind of new here."

Receptionist: "Yes, we can, but you will have to pay 250 Eris to be able to sign up. Oh and my name is Luna, apologies for not telling you sooner."

Me: "No problem, Luna."

In the letter, I was given a couple of coins. Maybe 5 coins will do? I handed them to her and seems that I was right... maybe 1 coin should be 50 Eris. This will help to know in the future.

Luna: "Ok Y/N, Allow me to explain how all this works. An adventurer is a generic class and you're skills are important, which brings us to your registration card. It keeps track of your level based on all the monsters you've killed. When you level up, you will earn points to use to gain new skills. Work hard and you can raise your level in no time!"