Chapter 3: First Quest

Y/N's POV:

I'm heading towards where the farmers are supposedly located, whilst controlling the Phoenix flames onto the tips of my fingers. I have to be very careful with these flames or else this whole area is going to get burned down... Don't want it to happen, do I?

I've been thinking, can I use a Skill which I haven't learned on the adventurer card with my Phoenix flames, or can I morph my flames into an attack without the help of the card? These questions can only be answered by testing them out when I get to the farm.

According to the map on the quest sheet, I am very close to the farm and supposedly the Goblin's have been sighted in the Forest of Royals. They never mentioned how many Goblin's there may be but hopefully, there aren't too many. If there are too many to deal with, I may have to risk using one of the Skills that has appeared on my card when I registered.

As I walked down the roadway in the direction of the farm, I saw a small glimpse of a windmill. When I was at the top of the roadway, I could see a farm in the distance with a barn that has fence spanning around the back of it. The sheep, chicken and cows were out of the barn and roaming outside within the fences boundaries, that is if they are any different to my old world. On the further side of the farm, I could see varieties of crops but I couldn't distinguish which is which because of me having no clue if there are any differences in this world or my old one.

When I get back to Axel, I really should go to a library and try and get some information before I do something I shouldn't. I noticed a few people that were going back and forth in the farm, most likely the farmers taking care of the fields and animals. Although, there was a small group that was waiting in the front of the farm.

As I started to get more closer to the farm, the small group of farmers at the front seemed to notice my arrival. Although quite vivid, I saw a trace of happiness spread within the small group, as well as them seeming to have found their hope. When I got to the front of the farm, the oldest farmer of the group stepped towards me.

Farmer: "Hello, young man. Are you here to accomplish the quest that we have sent to the Adventurer's guild?"

When he said this, the hope in his eyes was noticeably more higher than before.

Me: "Yes, I am. My name is Y/N, I was hoping if you can give me some more information about the Goblin's, that is if you have anything else to tell me that wasn't reported on the quest sheet."

I smiled at the man as he started to become teary eyed as he heard what I said. Seems that he was really hoping for someone to take the quest.

Farmer: "Thank you very much, young man! The names Russel, We sent this to the Guild 3 days ago but no-one decided to come and we began to fear for our lives, when 'he' got hurt I was scared out of my mind..."

Me: "Wait, someone got hurt? Who was it?"

Russel: "My son, he... he was walking outside when a group of Goblin's crept up on him and started to attack him. Thankfully, we heard it and moved towards him as quickly as we could but his situation isn't getting any better, but seems to be getting worse." Could it be... poison?

Me: "Could you take me to him? I may be able to help him, even if it's not much."

Russel: "Please! Follow me." He turned towards the other farmers behind him. "Keep going on with your work, I'll show the young man to my son." After he ordered the farmers, he looked back to me. "This way."

After he said this, he started walking quickly towards a shack that was near the barn. When I walked in, I saw a large gash that was covered by blood stained bandages, seems like the wound is possibly the worst it can be.