Chapter 5: Explosions and the Dullahan...

Y/N's POV:

After joining the Sex Offender, Kazuma's party yesterday, I found myself a room to rent at one of the inn's that are in Axel. The inn is called 'Bear's Paw', and is run by someone that actually looks like a bear... don't know if he named it after himself or not. 

Thankfully the food there tastes just as good as the food at the Adventurer's Guild, maybe even better. 

After having a goodnight's sleep, I woke up early in the morning and decided to head out to the library as I had wanted to. On the way, I saw a glimpse of Kazuma talking with Darkness and a thief looking woman with silver hair. Is she? Nah... probably not.

I decided to keep walking and ignore them and after walking for around 10 minutes, I found the library. I'm glad I asked Luna for the directions on how to get to it.

It was a bit bigger than I had expected it to be. I strode up to the doors and walked in and saw thousands of books covering around half or more of the ground floor of the library. The other part had chairs, tables and sofas that people could go on. There was a neatly placed reception desk where a mature looking woman was seated and reading through what seemed to be a book, or maybe something else. 

She had purple hair and purple eyes, and was wearing black rimmed glasses which gave her a more intelligent look. She wore a purple dress that went to her knees with a white coat that went up to just below her waist.

Me: "Excuse me, can you please tell me where I can find general information on the different types of monsters and places to visit. If possible books about dungeons would also be quite helpful..." I asked carefully as I don't know if they have these kinds of books here.

She only glanced at me and lifted her glasses up a little bit, pointed with one of her fingers and a light magic was cast in front of her. One of the trails of light led to the back of where I was standing, the other was leading to near the entrance. The final one led further back to an area that seemed to be the most secluded in the library.

Woman: "What you are looking for can be found where my light has gone. The books you need will be glowing, and if you find any other books that spark your interest, take them as well. If you want to leave with those books then you will have to make sure to notify me." She glanced at me sharply as she said this.

Me: "Thank you, but I don't think I will be leaving with them as I will only be having a glimpse of them. I am quite proud of my memory when it comes to holding information." 

As I said so, I walked towards the closest one that was near the entrance, then headed to the 2nd one, and lastly I headed towards the secluded area where I believe the location of dungeons should be.

As I got to the last one, I noticed how the cover of it was quite worn down and old, with a pitch black colour and golden lining around it. The words were barely readable but I could barely make out that this is the book about dungeons.

On the way to the couches, I got some other books that were just general information about this world and some books about the ways of combat as I wanted to see if I could learn anything else from the combat books in this world. I also grabbed a book about magic to see if I can learn anything from them and the book of elements. I wonder if it's possible to change the element of fire to something else?... probably not...

(Timeskip of 3 hours brought to you by Kazuma using Steal on a man dressed up as a woman, enjoy the imagery)

After I finished reading through all of the books that I got today, I am planning on heading over to the Guild to get a quest. Maybe Kazuma and his group may want to join.