Smut

Smut:

"Smut" is a slang word ‑ most common in Britain - for any form of media that is considered profane or offensive, particularly with regards to sexual content.
------------------

If you are putting smut in your fic, (which you should), understand how sex works.

Yes, almost everyone writing smut and fanfics in general are under 16, and are virgins so they might not know much about the specifics of sex.

Here is basically everything you need to know:

•You cannot go at buttsecks dry. It will hurt like hell. You also cannot use cake/spit/any other weird substance as lube.

•people don't moan/groan every single second when having sex. And every time they do, please don't go into explicit detail about a fucking noise. (Ex. "Oh! Oh! Oh Vic!" I screamed as he entered me slowly at first, and picked up his pace. "Tiffany, you feel amazing. Holy shit Tiff." He groaned sexually. "Ahhh I'm so wet." I screamed while moaning his name.)(that was an actual line from a fic I read a while back)

•don't make smut happen too quickly. They shouldn't meet in chapter 1, and confess their love and have sex in chapter 2. Unless it's a one night stand type thing, or they already knew each other before the fic started, just don't do it

•USE PROTECTION OMG. We don't need any more *insert band member here* gets *insert name here* pregnant.

•if you're into the kinky shit, please write a note at the top of the chapter. (Some people get extremely butthurt over it)

•sex does not last hours and hours. Most sex lasts 45 minutes tops.

•stop using these bullshit substitute words for a dick like "member" or "manhood". And never fucking say "his length" unless you want me to kick your fucking ass.

•if you need to know about gay or straight sex, watch porn. (Which you probably do anyway)

•also note that I don't write smut, because it would be weird as shit. But I read a lot of it, so I know what the hell I'm talking about.

---------------------

Random smut shit:

•If you make your story 50% smut I might shoot you.

•don't bother putting an age warning at the top. Nobody listens.

•use correct grammar. Also no "OMG" in the scene. It's a buzzkill.

•yes, I know I'm fucked in the head. But I'm already going to hell so why not?