Yellow Carnation (introduction)

Flowers was something that was used to bring joy. On your wedding day it's what the bride carries in her delicate hands towards the world of marriage. It's what you give to the one you love on Valentines day but also what you put on a loved ones grave.
Flowers could have many different meanings, but to one boy it only brought him sadness.

Beomgyu used to love flowers. He would sit under the big tree in the city park looking at the blooming flowers in early summer. His mom even owned a flower shop along with his dad. But one day would come to change it all...

The school-bell rung as all students runs out of school. Beomgyu on the other hand is peacefully sitting by his desk looking out through the window.

"Yah! Beomgyu!" A loud voice echoes against the walls. Beomgyu blinks a couple of times before turning his head around. Only to regret it directly afterwards.

Standing right in front of him were no one but his upperclassmen Wooyoung and Yeosang. He immediately turns his face away from the older guys staring at him.
"Yah! Who told you to turn around loser!" Wooyoung raises his voice making the younger shiver in his seat.

Beomgyu keeps staring out the window not sparing his upperclassmen a glance. He knows that if he do, they'll do something. Instead he chooses to ignore them and hope for them to go away.

"Yah!" Yeosang yanks his head backwards by his hair, causing the younger boy to groan from the sudden pain. "What have I told you about disobeying huh?!" Yeosang asks pulling a bit more on Beomgyus hair.
The younger closes his eyes not willing to answers the older ones question.

"Answer!" Wooyoung commands.

"Never disobey or it'll be consequences..." Beomgyu answers quietly, only now realizing that all teachers have gone home and he's alone with these guys. The fact scares him a bit to be honest.

"Good boy, now what do you think will happen?" Yeosang asks.
Beomgyu swallows hard.

"Please don-" his fragile voice is cut off by a rather high one.

"Hey! What are you guys doing!?" The boy runs up to them making Yeosang let go off the youngers head.

"Class pres, uhm we were just playing around you know?" Wooyoung cheapishly laughes. "Yeah Yeonjun nothing's going on here, right Beomgyu?" Yeosang says turning his head towards the younger.

Beomgyu looks up at the three upperclassmen who's currently looking at him. His eyes lands on Yeosang who's glaring threatening at him.

"Nothing's going on..." Beomgyus voice trails of at the end as his head falls making his gaze land on the floor this time.
He's scared, scared of what'll happen if this Yeonjun guy figures it out. What his bullies would do to him for not obeying. He's scared.

"Beomgyu was it?" Yeonjun asks earning a nod from the younger. "I know these guys and what they do to people, if they're bothering you please tell me so I can help you. I promise they'll do you no harm" Yeonjuns voice is soft. It's comforting, but Beomgyu is still scared. Scared of those who've made him suffer ever since the start of this semester.

Yeonjun sighs after not getting a answer from the boy. He looks at his classmates as they smirk in delight. "At least look me in the eye" Yeonjun says. But the younger keeps his head hung down. "Pres shouldn't you like, go home?" Wooyoung says playfully.

No, please don't leave me alone with them. The younger boy thinks. "Yeah I'll go now, see you both on Monday okey?" Yeonjun says in defeat as he starts to walk towards the door. But he stops in his tracks.

"Beomgyu look me in the eye. I'm your upperclassman" Yeonjun changes the tone in his voice and it almost comes out like a command. He's facing the younger, waiting for him to lift his head "now".

With that the younger lifts his head and looks at the older. Yeonjuns eyes widen as he looks at the beautiful boy in front of him. His eyes filled with tears and fear. "Please don't leave me alone with them"

Month's later....

Beomgyu is cheerfully jumping towards the school building. Ever since Yeonjun came in to his life he's become a more cheerful person. Yeonjun would always compliment him for being a good energizer to the older. This made Beomgyu feel happy.

However this day it would all change.

As he walks in to the school building he goes to his locker as usual. He has maths and chemistry as usual too.
When it's time for lunch he cheerfully struts towards the cafeteria and buys himself and his hyung something to eat before running up the stairs to the rooftop.

What he didn't expect to see on the rooftop was Soobin hyung too.
"Hyungs-" he cuts himself off as he sees Yeonjun connecting his lips with the others. Beomgyus eyes widen in shook.

He didn't know he's hyung was gay, well he had thought about it but it never really clicked in his mind.
As he watches his hyungs kissing session he suddenly feels a urgent urge to cough.

He hurriedly closes the door as he starts to cough heavily causing him to drop the food he bought. This didn't bother him tho, the coughing was all he focused on. It's starting to get harder to breath and this scares him.

After a while of coughing something suddenly falls out of Beomgyu mouth. A petal from a yellow carnation, Yeonjuns favorite.

In that moment it clicked for Beomgyu. I'm in love with Yeonjun.
But with those feelings he also caught something horrible and he knew it clear as day.

Hanahaki.

A/n: Hi everyone, this is my first time writing a txt fanfic. I got inspired by another fanfic for this one that was also related to the hanahaki disease. Let me explain briefly what it means to have this sickness.
Hanahaki is a sickness that develops from onesided love. It's rather unusual to have this disease and not many people believes in it. The disease causes a flower to grow in ones lungs (in this story the one you loves favorite flower). This flower grows every day and it becomes worse if you touch the one you love or see them. The flowers grow until you suffocate from them. There is no cure except for this person to love you back, you falling out of love (almost impossible) or getting surgery. But this surgery will cause you to forget everything about the one you love as well as you'll loose all your emotions.
I hope y'all will enjoy this ff cause I sure will enjoy writing it:))
And about my other ffs. I'll try to update them as soon as possible when I get the inspiration I need:((

See y'all!💜