When He Kisses You

Arthur-

Arthur doesn't have much experience with kissing, it's likely that he doesn't have any experience at all. You are going to have to initiate the kiss because Arthur won't, not because he doesn't want too but because he isn't sure if you want him too. He isn't always the best at reading social cues so he doesn't know whether it would be suitable to kiss you or not, and the last thing he wants is to scare you off. He might be a little stiff and tense at first, not completely sure what to do but he soon relaxes and kisses you back. Despite being unpractised, Arthur is a fast learner.

-----

You and Arthur have been on a few dates at this point, whether it was going out for dinner or just staying in his apartment, but he hadn't even made a move to kiss you yet. At first you assumed that he just didn't want to kiss you but recently you had a different feeling. Every now and again you would see him clenching his fists like he was holding himself back from touching you, he would glance at you when he thought that you weren't looking, and he would watch your lips as you spoke.

Now, you were standing in front of your apartment door, saying goodbye to Arthur. Once again, you caught him glancing at your lips, making you smile.

"You know, after so many dates you're kind of suppose to kiss the girl" you informed him with a smile. Every time he walked you home, he would offer you a small nod and smile before walking away.

"Oh..." was all Arthur managed to say, his cheeks turning a light shade of red.

"Do you...want to kiss me?" you asked, wanting to make sure that you were getting this right in the first place. Arthur nodded quickly, not leaving you a second to think that he didn't want to kiss you.

You smiled reassuringly as you took his hands in yours and stepped closer to him. You felt Arthur tense a little but he slowly relaxed when you brushed your thumbs over his knuckles. You were now standing closer to him, all he had to do was lean down to kiss you but he didn't seem to move.

So, taking the initiative, you slowly leaned up until your lips were hovering over his. You wanted to give him the chance to pull away or change his mind. Arthur seemed to relax some more when you gave him that control.

You waited for a second, just give him some time, just a minute and...he finally lent down and his lips met yours. You instantly kissed him back, having been waiting for this moment for the last few dates.

When you pulled away from the kiss, you saw that Arthur had a pink colour to his cheeks and the sweetest little smile on his face. He was adorable!

Joker-

Joker is more confident than Arthur, even though he isn't any more experienced that Arthur. (Unless you were dating Arthur before he became the Joker, but whatever). If he wants to kiss you, he will just kiss you. He won't get nervous and unsure about it like Arthur might. He is surprising suave, he will take you by the hand, spinning you into him before his lips meet yours in a deep kiss. Sometimes you expect it, sometimes he completely takes you by surprise.

-----

You were standing in front of the sink and the bathroom mirror, brushing your teeth. In the mirror, you could see a familiar figure standing behind you. Joker was standing in the doorway of the bathroom, leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed and a smile on his face. Both his painted smile and a real smile. You knew that he was watching you but you decided to ignore it.

Once you finished brushing your teeth, you turned to leave the bathroom. Joker was still standing in the door way, only slightly moving out of your way so that you could leave the room. You raised an eyebrow at him suspicious but stepped out of the bathroom anyway.

Before you could walk too far away, you felt Joker's hand wrap around yours. In a swift movement Joker spun you around to face him and pulled you into his chest, his other arm wrapping around your waist, his hand pressing on the small of your back to hold you against him more securely.

Within seconds of you stepping out of the bathroom, Joker's lips were on yours. The action took you by surprise but you quickly relaxed in his embrace and returned his passionate kiss, your free hand tangling in his dyed hair.

Just as you were losing yourself to the kiss that was making your knees weak, he was gone. Joker pulled away from you and walked away, heading towards the bedroom, leaving you absolutely dumbfounded in the doorway of the bathroom. A smile still rose to your face when you heard Joker laughing to himself. You were certain that, sometimes, he just wanted to mess with you.