Beautiful

Summary: During a quiet night together, you are reminded of your adoration for Arthur.

Just a short but sweet one!

Word Count: 600

You and Arthur were laying in bed, Arthur's head resting on your chest while he had his arms wrapped around your waist and your legs were tangled together. It seemed like he was trying to get as close to you as possible, to feel every part of you against himself.

You had one of your hands in Arthur's hair, running your fingers through the soft strands and occasionally massaging his camp gently. You loved the soft hums of approval that Arthur made when you did that.

Your other hand lay on his arm, softly running up and down in a soothing manner. The hand that lay on Arthur's arm slowly made it's way up to his shoulder before moving around to his back.

As your hand glided over his shoulder and over his back, you were reminded of just how skinny he was. You swore that no matter how much you fed him, he wouldn't put on any weight. And you had definitely tried.

Your fingers brushed over a large healing bruise that was on his shoulder blade, an injury he had gotten from a beating on the cruel streets of Gotham. A frown instantly formed on your face, how could somebody do that to him?

You had always admired Arthur, you had always thought that he was beautiful. Maybe he wasn't the most beautiful man by society's standards but you thought that he was the most beautiful person you had ever seen. It was a damaged kind of beautiful but that only made you love him more.

Your fingers trailed down his spine before running them back up to the back of his neck. Arthur looked up at you with a soft gaze, like he was trying to figure out what you were thinking or what you were going to do next. He lived for your sweet gestures of love and affection.

Your hand moved from the base of Arthur's neck to cup his jaw. You looked down at him with a soft but fond smile as your thumb brushed against his cheek. Your thumb then brushed over his bottom lip, feeling it twitch beneath your gentle touch. Finally, your thumb traced over the scar on his upper lip.

"You're beautiful" you whispered, so softly that you weren't sure if you even said it out loud, but Arthur definitely heard you. He questioned your words, his own hearing, before realising that you had actually said that. He couldn't help it, Arthur began to tear up at your words and you could see the tears welling up in his eyes, threatening to spill over.

"Why are you crying?" you asked sadly, your thumb brushing under his eyes, wiping away the single tear that had escaped.

"I don't deserve you" Arthur said, his voice small and trembling. Your heart broke at his words. This wasn't the first time that he had expressed that concern but you promised yourself that you would always prove him wrong.

"Arthur, I love you. You deserve me, you deserve so much more. You deserve to be happy" you promised him, looking into those sad but beautiful eyes.

Arthur just buried his face into the crook of your neck, his body clinging to you a little more. You smiled as you held him a little closer.

"I love you too" Arthur spoke before nuzzling his face further into the crook of your neck, making you giggle when he pressed a gently kiss to the sensitive skin. Arthur smiled against your neck when he heard the sweet sound, loving when he made you laugh or smile. It filled him with pride.

If somebody as prefect as you could think that he is beautiful, than it must be true. After all, Arthur knew that you would never lie to him.