Chapter 9: Dawn of Destruction

Merida's pov:

Ever since Merlin and Fairy Godmother showed all of us the castle of the Royal Guardians, Hiccup and I have been spending more and more time with each other. Both me and Hiccup were in the done, training. Ruff, Tuff, Moana, Miguel and the others were watching us as we sparred. Hiccup won the first round and then I won next round when I pulled him to the ground and put my foot on his chest. Fishlegs told us that Johann was waiting for Hiccup at the dock so the two of us went down there together.

Johann wasn't able to get Hiccup any oil for his secret project that he was working on "I'm ecstatic to tell you that the oil you seek can be found in the rarest of Sassafras Albidum plants that grow only on the Isle of Thizzian, the location of which I have included for you in its description." Johann explained as he handed Hiccup the map. Soon Snotlout, Fishlegs and Sabrina landed at the docks then we explained that we are going to be gone for a bit. "Let me guess, the power couple is going on vacation. Well, bon voyage, muttonheads." said Snotlout.

Later, we all headed to the stables to get ready to leave "If you guys need us, we'll be in Corona." said Rapunzel as she, Flynn, Cass and Lance left. Others had left for their kingdoms as well except for Moana, Miguel, Anna, Carmen, Ivy and Zack. "We'll be back in a day or two." said Hiccup. "Will you two just go already?!" shouted Snotlout then getting a slap on the head by Ursula. Hiccup and I finally arrived at the isle, Hiccup was having second thoughts about leaving the edge but we did need the quiet. Later at night, we took a moonlight flight and it was romantic.

Moana's pov:

The next day, we were awaken by a loud explosive sound coming from outside "One of these days I'm going to have that Jorgenson." I grumbled thinking that it was Snotlout. But I was wrong, it was a wild dragon. I quickly got on SeaPearl and joined up with the others "What's going on?" asked Ursula who was riding with Anna. "Wild Singetails are trying to take over the edge." said Fishlegs. We tried to take them head on but we ended up falling back "We could really use more help." said Carmen. 

Snotlout forced all of us to head back and fight but then Fishlegs and Astrid saw something off with the Singetails "Guys, I think I saw someone riding one of those Singetails!" said Astrid. "No, you didn't, Astrid. You saw someone riding all of those Singetails!" shouted Viggo. We all looked back seeing so many hunters forcing the Singetails to carry them and attacking us. We dodged all of their attacks and ended up knocking off a few of flyers. Suddenly Fishlegs fell off of his dragon but Carmen caught him but ended up crashing down to the ground.

We were about to lose all hope until Hiccup and Merida had come back "Sorry guys. We never should have left." he said. "What gave it away? The scorching earth?!" said Snotlout. Hiccup then saw the Flyers and had each of us split up. Sabrina saw Hiccup with a pale look on his face "What is it?" she asked. "I saw someone familiar. But now we have to fall back now!" he shouted. We regrouped at the sea stacks but then we saw Carmen on one of them. "Being a master thief, I know how to make quick exits." she explained.

We needed to find a way to stop these Flyers but we also needed a place to hide out for a bit. Luckily, Hiccup and the riders knew just the place but he just needed to make sure that no one gets their hands on anything special in his hut so he had Toothless burn it. We found ourselves on Defenders of the Wing Island which was beautiful. The leader Queen Mala agreed to let us stay here. 

Anna: "I still can't believe that she is letting us stay here."

Hiccup: "You'd be surprised. Listen guys..."

Tuffnut: "We know. You're incredibly sorry for allowing your personal relationship to fracture the precious bond that is the Dragon Riders."

Ruffnut: "And if we're going to compete with this new and improved enemy,  we all need to force together as one."

Moana: "Wow."

Ursula: "As much as I hate to admit it, but they're right."

Hiccup: "And I know I'll have to earn back your trust."

Miguel: "You got that right."

Sabrina: "So, care to address the gigantic yak in the room? Your hut. What was that about?"

Hiccup: "There were things in there that were too important. Things I couldn't let those Flyers get their hands on."

Zack: "You mean, these?" (Show Hiccup's secret project)

Hiccup: "How did you...?"

Carmen: "I had Zack and Ivy grab your things when the Flyers attacked."

Hiccup: "Thanks Carmen."

Fishlegs: "When were you planning on telling us you were building another Dragon Eye, Hiccup?"

Sabrina: "Dragon Eye?"

Hiccup: "Long story sis."

Merida: "Well we do have a long night."

Hiccup: "I think we might want to tell the others."

Ursula: "Already did. Viggo sent a letter to Corona after we left."

Hiccup: "You really think they'll help us?"

Viggo: "I know they will."

Sabrina: "I think I can send I few letters to some of my old friends that can help us."

Astrid: "Something tells me that this isn't over."

To be continued....