⍣ 001 ⍣

——————————————————————————
⍣ 001 ⍣
——————————————————————————

I woke up to a dreadful, high pitched sound. Beep! Beep! Beep! Fuck. My eyes weren't closed, but they weren't open either. As I rolled to my left and reached to turn off the alarm, my eyes shot open. 4:00am? Wait, why is the alarm going off at 4:00am? WAIT! WAIT, WAIT, WAIT! IS TODAY THE DAY? My eyes darted around the room looking for my phone. No where to be seen. Damn it. I rushed up from the warm, comfy bedsheets in regret. "Where are you god damn it?" I sighed. I started to throw the duvet around, shaking it about in search for my number one prized possession. I checked under my pillows, throwing them across the room one by one. Really? Not there? I came to a realisation and then came to a halt before face palming. Am I fucking dumb? I really didn't think to look on the floor by my bed where the extension lead is? Where I charge my phone every night?

"For fuck's sake Ava, you're 18" I said to myself before reaching on the floor to pick it up. As I raised the screen of my iPhone XS Max, it lit up, showing me the single notification I had. The only notification I needed. It read 'Moving day TODAY!'
"OH MY GOD! MUM! ARE YOU AWAKE?" I yell.
"YES AVA, DEAR! DO YOU WANT BREAKFAST?" She yells back.
"NO MUM, ITS COOL! I'LL GET SOMETHING FROM MCDONALDS SINCE THEY'LL BE SERVING BREAKFAST! IT'LL SAVE YOU THE ENERGY SINCE YOU'RE DRIVING ME AN HOUR TO KINGSFORD SMITH AIRPORT!"

Jane Smith, widow, single mother of two children. Hard working, respected individual. My mother.

My mum is pretty immaculate. At the ripe age of 20, she just became an owner of a soon-to-be successful cake café. Her cakes attracted people from all over the world. She was an amazing baker and chef, self-taught too might I add. No parents to support her, no family either. Just her and herself to go around things. She moved to Australia from England with her auntie when she was very young. Her parents were involved in a serious accident, it was them, pedestrians, minding their own business, walking along the streets of London at night, enjoying the cool breeze blowing in their hair versus a drunk driver. The driver (43) had been out with friends that night and was too stupid to call a taxi to take him home. He risked his own life and also other peoples lives too. My mum's parents were the unlucky two chosen by god to live short lives. Anyways, the driver obviously wasn't in any state to drive and ended up driving over my mother's parents and then crashing into a solid, brick wall. Both my mother's father and the driver died at the crash site, but my mother's mother was rushed to hospital but later died, early the next morning. I was told there was a very low chance of her making it through the night due to the extreme severity of her injuries. After both of my mum's parents passing away, she fell into the care of her warm, loving Aunt Karen. Karen decided to take my mum away from the pain in England to a new life in Australia. Karen later died of breast cancer when my mother was just 18 years old.

As if my mother hadn't dealt with enough trauma already, god sent me. My mother fell pregnant with me at the age of 21. My father? Never liked the bastard. He left my mum because he "wasn't ready for the responsibility" or some bullshit like that. That was a big kick in the teeth for Mum. Then, when I was 9, the same fucking bastard came running back to her saying he was nothing without her. He "loved" her and "needed" her. After being back for a year, my mum being 31, my brother Luke was born. Annoying little fuck, but I do love him. Another two years had passed and my dad decided he "couldn't handle the pressure of being a dad". He left for the second time. Leaving poor Jane to fend for herself and care for two (amazing) kids. For the next 9 years, I'd say we thrived. The cake café was doing better than ever, I was a role model student in school, so was Luke. We were just fine without Ken (Ken being my dad).

One last time, I checked through my suitcase and hand luggage. Everything seemed to be there. Seemed to be.

——————————————————————————
Final Word Count: 772