⍣ 002 ⍣

——————————————————————————
⍣ 002 ⍣
——————————————————————————

It was 5:00am. Mum was driving, Luke the little shit had jumped in the passenger's seat and I was in the back seat situated behind the driver's seat. My phone was connected to the car via bluetooth. We were five minutes away from Kingsford Smith and the final song came on shuffle. It was Wave by the K-Pop stars Ateez. The only k-pop song you would find me playing infront of my family. It was my favourite song of all time. I have no idea why. It must've been the way the tune was so catchy, it would stick in your head for days.

"GEONBAE GEONBAE!" Everyone screamed. That made me smile. We were all smiling. The song went on with us all trying our best to sing along. I repeat, trying our best. We finally reached Kingsford. Luke helped me unload my stuff from the trunk of the car with tears in his eyes. Mum had parked in a drop-off parking space right infront of the airport so they couldn't come with me to the boarding gate.
"You didn't need that blue coloured, a5 size book that was on the kitched table did you, Ava?" Mum said innocently.
"My passport you mean? Of course I need it, it should've put it in the front pocket of my hand luggage if I remember correctly." I say. "See, its right her-" I pause as I realise it isn't where its meant to be. I begin to panic as I kneel on the floor looking through the main pocked of my backpack seeing that it isn't there either. I break a sweat as I begin to open my suitcase when I notice mum reaching into her own handbag. There it was. She pulled out my passport with a knowing face as I stare at her in disbelief. Her and Luke both looked at eachother and burt out laughing as I collapse onto the floor into a sitting position, feeling defeated. "Mum, you could've just said 'Hey Ava you forgot your passport but you're lucky I have it right here', but no, you and Luke gotta get one last prank in before I go. Great thanks, love you both..." I argue.
"Sorry dear, but we had to." Mum was in tears of laughter at this point.
"You should've seen the look on your face!" Luke squealed as he rolled on the floor clutching his stomach.
"We can't be crying as we watch you leave for Korea, we thought it would be better parting ways on a happier note." Mum rightly said.
"True. It doesn't matter, I'll love you both no matter what horrible pranks you pull." I uttered slightly laughing. After that we hugged for a long time, it felt like we were there for a good 5 minutes. My mum broke the hug and we parted ways.

The airport was pretty small. As soon as I walked through the big glass doors, to my left were the check in and bag drop off desks. Luckily for the internet, I'd already checked in before hand so the bag drop off wasn't a long process. My two suitcases were exactly 20kg each, both the perfect weight before any extra charge. The lady at the desk asked "Do you have any fragile items dearie?" To which I replied "Yes ma'am."
"And what might they be miss if you dont mind me asking?" She asked.
"Just some photo frames ma'am. Im moving to Korea for a couple of years and thought it would be a good idea to bring the family photos so I can see them every day, even if its not face to face." I say a little sadly.
"What a wonderful thought miss! May I have your passport and boarding pass please?" She politely asked with a warm smile on her face.
"Here you are." I say as I give her both asked for items. It was obvious I was nervous. My hands were shaking as they were moving towards hers to give her my passport and boarding pass.
"Thank you, sweetie. Nervous are we? First time flying?" She asked as if she knew already.
"Yeah, never left the country in the 18 years I've lived haha." I state, looking down at my feet and twiddling my thumbs.
"Dont worry dear. If it helps, more people are killed in car accidents a year than plane accidents. You have absolutely nothing to worry about honey." She claimed. To be fair to her, it did put my mind at ease a little. "Next you need to head through security which is just to your right. Instructions are on top of the archways as you travel through!" She said, once again with a warm, contagious smile. With that said, I headed to my right as she directed towards security.

——————————————————————————
Final Word Count: 812