⍣ 007 ⍣

——————————————————————————
⍣ 007 ⍣
——————————————————————————

I waited for the elevator to reach the floor I was currently on. I felt a presence, not like a ghost presence or anything, a person's presence. I started to get uncomfortable. I snapped my head sharply to look behind me in all directions. No one. Nothing. What? Weird. The elevator made a ding noise, signalling it was here and I got in sharpishly, worried that there was someone watching me.

The elevators in Seoul were much better than they were in Australia. They played relaxing classical music. In Australia, we had silence. Nothing but silence to stand there and think while it takes you up or down floors. Seoul 1, Australia 0. I wasnt much of a classical music girl, but it was still better that silence.

The music came to a stop. I assumed it was the end of my elevator journey. I was right. The doors opened to a pink painted corridor, well lit by natural lighting coming from widows in the ceiling. Top floor? I found my room pretty quickly and put the key in the keyhole and...turned? Tried to turn. It didn't open...what? Thank fuck Samuel gave me his number. I was too scared to call, because duh, social anxiety and that, so I texted instead.

Me: Heyyy, Sammy!

Ava! Whats the matter? :Samuel

Me: So... Maybe the door won't unlock?

Be there in a minute lol. :Samuel

Me: Thank you! Live saver 😽!

He wasn't lying when he said he'd "be there in a minute". He was there in almost exactly a minute. He must've taken the stairs. I took a mental note that taking the stairs was probably quicker than the elevator. "Whats the matter with it?" Samuel asked, concern tracing his eyes.
"Well, if you look," I turned the key counter clockwise exactly how I would as home. "It's not opening?" I claim, obviously confused with the mechanics.
Samuel laughed and uttered "Cute."He took the key from my hand and pulled it out and looked at me with wide eyes. His wide eyes signalled for me to watch his hands also, with wide eyes in order to make sure I watched what he was about to do. He put the key in the door, just as I did, and turned it clockwise. I heared a small click and the door cracked open. "Oh," I muttered. "Thank you."
He said nothing and gave me a warm smile and a nod as he left for the stairs. I stood there, dumbfounded before I stepped into my new home for 3 years.

As I walked in and closed the door behind me, I noticed how plain everything looked. It was screaming at me to be decorated. I threw my suitcase on the floor, and jumped into a sitting position on the double bed that was situated on the left side of the room. I looked around and took in the emptiness of everything. Huh. No other bed? Did this mean I wasn't going to be getting a roommate? In all honesty, I was glad. A whole room to myself. Great. I was even more excited about decorating.

Still sitting on the bed, I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and found the Pinterest app. I typed "University room decor" into the search bar and began scrolling. It was mostly pink and grey with white walls, and since my walls were already white, I decided to stick with that colour scheme. Taking in all the ideas I saw, I went into notes on my phone and made a shopping list. The list included:

- [ ] White bedsheet + pillowcase + duvet cover x2
- [ ] LOTS of fairy lights
- [ ] Command strips/ hooks
- [ ] Desk lamp
- [ ] Desk organiser

I had decided I was going to get living necessities later on.

——————————————————————————
Final Word Count: 635