Chapter 2: Logan Owens?

P.S. Minor cursing! Hope it's okay!

~~~~~

Previously:

"So ready." I pumped my fist in the air before saying his name. "Beetlejuice.."

He grinned.

"Beetlejuice..."

"This is gonna be so good!"

"Beetle-"

A figure with a flashlight burst onto the roof before I could finish the deal. She ran desperately and I could hear her panting from a mile away. Though I barely caught a glimpse of her face, it was obvious who those pants belonged to.

"Lydia?"

////

{(Y/N P.O.V)}

Her body slammed into mine as warm arms tightly swung around my back.

"WHAT THE HELL (Y/N)? I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD!"

"I-"

"NO, DON'T EVEN TALK." Lydia tightened her grip on me and I felt hot tears drip onto my shoulders. I must've really messed up.

"I was so worried (Y/n/n). If you had..if you were really-" She broke out into harder cries. It became apparent how scared she was. Eventually her sobs came out as only small sniffles. "Don't ever scare me like that again.." Tears burned at the corners of my eyes too-was I really about to leave her all alone? It's funny how a few minutes with Beetlejuice changed my entire life, saved it even.

"I'm really sorry. I wasn't thinking straight." My voice was barely above a whisper, but I'm sure Lydia could hear it.

"Damn right you weren't!" She almost chuckled, then broke the hug. We both turned as a raspy voice sounded from behind.

"Oh my god. Isn't this touching?" Beetlejuice placed a hand to his heart.

"Who..is he?" Lydia stood in front of me as if shielding me off.

"Oh! That's Beetlejuice! He's uh, dead. But he's really cool! He's the one that stopped me from..ya know.." I nodded over to the edge of the roof. Lydia nodded while still eyeing the man.

"So..you're a ghost huh? And you stopped my friend from dying?"

He smiled victoriously and bounced from side to side. "Annnddd," He pointed to me, "We were just about to finish our deal."

Lydia squinted, "Deal?"

I simpered. "Um, yeah. He promised that if I said his name three times he would scare my Mom away, then I could live with you forever." I peeked at Lydia expecting her to be happy, she wasn't.

"(Y/N), that sounds great, but haven't you seen enough movies to know to never make deals with Ghost? You can visit me whenever you want, I mean, you practically already live here. We don't need a demon to do that for us." She sneered at Beetlejuice, who looked offended at the word "demon". Her gaze shifted back to me and she smiled. "But..that doesn't mean we can't keep him around. Ghost are cool, strange and unusual just like us right?"

A light smile found it's way onto my face, "Right."

/////

The time was roughly 1:00 PM when Lydia brutally woke me up with a "Pillow beating".

"HAVE MERCY ON MY SOUL LYDS, JESUS!"

I could almost hear her leer, this girl was malicious. "NEVER!! WAKE UP!" The pounding of the pillow didn't stop, it might've gotten heavier for all I know. Before I knew it, I was stripped of my blanket; cold air and I weren't good friends.