Chapter Three: Standing Up

Souda left the lunchroom and walked with his friends through the halls to their separate classes. Fuyuhiko and Sonia pestering throughout the whole way while Nagito walked idly, his face perplexed and seemingly lost in thought. Probably thinking about the transfer student he was all googly eye for.

        "So Souda, you planning to talk to him soon or should we shove you in a closet which he'd conveniently be in," Fuyuhiko laughed, making Souda frown to his remark.

        "You are insufferable Fuyu, I still don't want to do this," Souda responded, making Sonia chime in with her own opinion.

        "Come on Kazuichi, we're just doing this to help you," Souda furrowed his brow, "you'll be social and maybe make a new friend out of this whole event," Sonia said giggling.

        "If I may add, I don't think it will be physically possible to get Gundham and Kaz to be friends. He's a silent type in my opinion and Souda would need someone to carry the conversation for him to be comfortable," Nagito added. Souda felt comfort in Nagito's words, having a person to defend him from his nagging friends.

        "Please Nagito, you don't know him, none of us have even physically interacted with that dude, you sound like you know him like an open book," the group turned a corner to reach the staircase, in which Souda almost tripped over his own feet.

        "Well, I have somewhat of an understanding of him, especially since Chisa appointed me to be the class rep." Everyone turned their heads toward Nagito as soon as he announced that news. Fuyu was the one to break that silence.

        "Excuse me but what the fuck!? She appointed you? Not to be mean Nagito but why you?" He said before Sonia smacked his head, telling him to shut up.

        "Hm? Well, probably because I'm the ultimate lucky student, must've been my luck that made me land the position," his face beamed a smile and a small giggle came from Souda. First time Souda had a laugh in a while. Fuyuhiko's face heated up and a 'tch' left his lips.

        "So, you have information on him?" Sonia asked Nagito, in which he put his arms up in a shrug while walking into the hallway entrance to the third floor, where all their classes were taking place.

        "I do, but I'm not revealing that. I still have to help him with the transfer papers later today so I'm going to be at his dorm after school." Nagito said before approaching his classroom's door. The two blondes of the group had a realization come before them. They looked at each other and then toward Souda, both of them having the same idea they planned to put into effect.

        "Actually," Fuyuhiko started saying, Sonia went to cover Souda's mouth, which took the ultimate mechanic out of thought, "do you think it would be a bother if you took Souda to Gundham's room?" Souda heard Fuyu's words and tried to be released from Sonia's grip, only making her grip on him stronger.

        Nagito looked toward Souda and took note of his struggle in Sonia's hands, "I don't believe that would be a good idea, with Gundham being so shy and all, Souda also doesn't seem to like the idea. Now I believe you should let go of Kaz, Sonia." Nagito said while walking up to the pair and holding onto Sonia's wrist.

        She complied and let go of Kaz, though disappointed at the outcome.

        "Now, Kaz and I have to go enter our class. We will be off," Nagito used on arm to link it with Souda's and used his other hand to open the class door, sliding it open and waving off to Sonia and Fuyu. Souda waved as well, even if a bit shaken up but he knew what it was like back in middle school it used to be the same thing, but back then Souda was different, and he's somewhat changed now, not only in appearance but in personality as well.